FUji not honoring its shipment requests

Started 3 months ago | User reviews
NatureLover21 New Member • Posts: 2
FUji not honoring its shipment requests

I am beyond disgusted with Fuji’s servicnin mid November. I ordered this lens through a reputable camera shop in the Capital region.  It was being offered by FUji at a discount price.  It is now mid January and FUji apparently is playing games and not distributing fairly to customers who ordered at the discount THEY offered. 2 months is enough and perhaps it is time to start filing official complaints.  I am posting so that others can beware and use caution in ordering FUJI’s products.

Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR
Lens • Fujifilm X • 16501109
Announced: Jan 15, 2016
NatureLover21's score
Average community score
Bob Tullis
MOD Bob Tullis Forum Pro • Posts: 40,022
Thank you.

It's unfortunate to have had that experience.    Fuji ain't perfect (who is?), but one doesn't hear many complaints of this nature.    That you're complaining about a deal through a third party makes one wonder about this first world frustration.

I appreciate the frustration, though.   I ordered tractor spacers in the spring. . . I got 1/2 the order in September, and the other 1/2 last week.

-- hide signature --

"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't."
------ Chief Dan George, Little Big Man
@ bobtullis.com & flickr.com/photos/bobtullis
My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration.

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T4
(unknown member) Regular Member • Posts: 134
Camera shop?

So you ordered a lens from a camera shop and they have not sent it to you yet?

Are you saying they are still out of stock? Or did they tell you Fujifilm would ship it to you?

How do you know the camera shop is not at fault?

Just curious.

I have seen issues with parts, lenses and cameras from all manufacturers being out out stock.  I've also read some articles about supply issues.

Jerry-astro
Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 16,782
Not sure this will help much...

NatureLover21 wrote:

I am beyond disgusted with Fuji’s servicnin mid November. I ordered this lens through a reputable camera shop in the Capital region. It was being offered by FUji at a discount price. It is now mid January and FUji apparently is playing games and not distributing fairly to customers who ordered at the discount THEY offered. 2 months is enough and perhaps it is time to start filing official complaints. I am posting so that others can beware and use caution in ordering FUJI’s products.

Could be any number of reasons behind this, some attributable to Fuji, others possibly the store’s issue.  I’d start by escalating the issue with the store management (if you haven’t already).  Then, if you’re not happy with their response, document it and communicate your concerns (and experience with the retailer) to Fujifilm directly.

I’m sure posting here might be a nice way to get some frustration off your chest, but your experience is not necessarily consistent with that of many (maybe even most) retailers and E-Tailers.  As such, unless you’re simply looking for feedback (not at all clear from your post), I’m not sure that complaining here will accomplish much.  I’d be frustrated too, but would be actively seeking advice and solutions here or elsewhere.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 19,021
Re: FUji not honoring its shipment requests

The supply chain has been a mess since the beginning of the Pandemic.  We have all felt your frustration this year.  Remember when we could not get paper products.

Do what ever you do to relax.  Then see if you can find the lens in stock some ware else.

If yes, do not cancel the existing order till a lens arrives.  Then cancel the other order.

Good luck,

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm +11 more
OP NatureLover21 New Member • Posts: 2
Re: Not sure this will help much...

Hi Jerry,

I have already been in touch with this shop.  I have had many dealings with them over the years and have found them to be honest as they come.  They get high marks in the DC area.

Some of the orders that Fuji reportedly has not fulfilleddate back as far as August.  The  store is told there are no lenses in the country and yet one of the largest camera shops in the country has reportedly gone in and out of stock several times since November.

while I have usually loved my FUji equipment, this experience is making me seriously go INT to their competitor’s brand.  I am a birder and do not wish to wait until migration season is over before I receive my lens.  FUji needs to get with i.

fuji’s website makes it very difficult to post to the directly.

if you have any leads, I would be grateful.

thanks.

Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Forum Pro • Posts: 11,865

Morris0 wrote:

The supply chain has been a mess since the beginning of the Pandemic. We have all felt your frustration this year. Remember when we could not get paper products.

Do what ever you do to relax. Then see if you can find the lens in stock some ware else.

If yes, do not cancel the existing order till a lens arrives. Then cancel the other order.

Good luck,

Morris

Ain't it the truth.  I read an article today, think it was the NYT, that car manufactures world wide are having issues getting electronic components as the demand for electronics has surged during the pandemic and a few car lines have been shut down because of it.

So I am not surprised that a demand that exceeds supply could show up anywhere.

-- hide signature --

"The winds of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears," Arabic Proverb
__
Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +12 more
McWoodley
McWoodley Regular Member • Posts: 379

As others have pointed out there is a pandemic going on and has had a huge impact on manufacturing.  
Everyone says they are back ordered.  I know they were available with B&H before Christmas. They have two used ones available.  So does KEH.

McWoodley's gear list:McWoodley's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +7 more
Jerry-astro

NatureLover21 wrote:

Hi Jerry,

I have already been in touch with this shop. I have had many dealings with them over the years and have found them to be honest as they come. They get high marks in the DC area.

Some of the orders that Fuji reportedly has not fulfilleddate back as far as August. The store is told there are no lenses in the country and yet one of the largest camera shops in the country has reportedly gone in and out of stock several times since November.

while I have usually loved my FUji equipment, this experience is making me seriously go INT to their competitor’s brand. I am a birder and do not wish to wait until migration season is over before I receive my lens. FUji needs to get with i.

fuji’s website makes it very difficult to post to the directly.

if you have any leads, I would be grateful.

thanks.

Well, before you decide to dump your existing gear (usually an expensive proposition), you might check with some of the larger E-Tailers like B&H or Adorama (or any others you’d prefer) and see what their situation is.  They both have good reputations, and while I totally get a desire to be loyal to  your usual supplier, you may need to “wander off the path” a bit this time to get the lens in a timely enough fashion to be useful.

Hope it works out... changing brands is always painful (and usually expensive) and the lens is pretty awesome and well worth the wait IMHO.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
McWoodley
McWoodley Regular Member • Posts: 379

Just saw this, Nikon related but suspect similar situation with Fuji.
https://petapixel.com/2021/01/13/nikons-production-volume-may-dip-as-japan-issues-state-of-emergency/

McWoodley's gear list:McWoodley's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +7 more
WCguy Senior Member • Posts: 1,096

This is not normal times, with the pandemic, mail problems in the States, etc., I sent a new lens from Canada in late Oct. to a guy in California which by express usually takes 5 to 10 days but this lens took 10 weeks, the guy got all upset, I said nothing I could do it was in the mail. My wife ordered a new Meili dishwasher 12 weeks ago, still not here, a new toaster 11 weeks ago, not here and not insight. Manufacturers are overburdened right now with everyone spending money on appliances etc because they aren't taking trips, they just aren't geared for all the orders at this level. Relax you will get it and a year from now you will forget it and be ready to trade it in. We have all been spoiled for too long.

-- hide signature --

It's What You Learn After You Know It All That Counts !

WCguy's gear list:WCguy's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 AW1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon 1 V3 +37 more
hotpot65 Regular Member • Posts: 106

NatureLover21 wrote:

I am beyond disgusted with Fuji’s servicnin mid November. I ordered this lens through a reputable camera shop in the Capital region. It was being offered by FUji at a discount price. It is now mid January and FUji apparently is playing games and not distributing fairly to customers who ordered at the discount THEY offered. 2 months is enough and perhaps it is time to start filing official complaints. I am posting so that others can beware and use caution in ordering FUJI’s products.

Are you concerned that when your order arrives that you will have missed the discount offer?

Well my retailer (Wex in the UK) assured me that because they took the order within qualifying period, I still qualify for the discount.

I did subsequently find a copy elsewhere after being tipped off, but before cancelling you should check with your retailer whether the discount will still be honoured.

Good luck.

hotpot65's gear list:hotpot65's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +5 more
biza43 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,333

Well, back in March I had to wait for 8 weeks until my 16 f1.4 lens arrived. This is in Portugal, from a major shop. If yours is a small shop, they will be last on the food chain to receive supplies.

Covid, of course.

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com
http://blog.paulobizarro.com/

biza43's gear list:biza43's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +1 more
ernest56 Regular Member • Posts: 102

NatureLover21 wrote:

IMHO Fuji’s first responsibility is for the safety and the well being of their employees during this pandemic.  The global pandemic has certainly thrown a wrench in the global supply chains.

As for availability I see that a big NY store is listing expected availability: 2-4 weeks.

I am in Canada and no reputable camera stores here have the XF 100-400 in stock.  During the Fuji Winter Sale 2020 I also ordered the XF 100-400.  The sale price on the XF 100-400 was an incredible deal and does not come around very often (27% saving) that's $670 Canadian dollars. I am sure many Fuji owners jumped on this deal.  To secure this sales price I had to pay for the lens upfront.  I have no ETA on shipment ... it is what it is in these unusual times.

pdxa4 Regular Member • Posts: 192

ernest56 wrote:

NatureLover21 wrote:

IMHO Fuji’s first responsibility is for the safety and the well being of their employees during this pandemic. The global pandemic has certainly thrown a wrench in the global supply chains.

As for availability I see that a big NY store is listing expected availability: 2-4 weeks.

I am in Canada and no reputable camera stores here have the XF 100-400 in stock. During the Fuji Winter Sale 2020 I also ordered the XF 100-400. The sale price on the XF 100-400 was an incredible deal and does not come around very often (27% saving) that's $670 Canadian dollars. I am sure many Fuji owners jumped on this deal. To secure this sales price I had to pay for the lens upfront. I have no ETA on shipment ... it is what it is in these unusual times.

Yup I agree, there are major delays with manufacturing - and frankly camera lens would be one of the last priorities.

After a lot of thought I ordered the Fuji XF 100-400 lens on the last day of the sale (Jan 3rd) knowing that they are "coming soon", so when B&H receives it I'll get it soon enough. I was happy with the sale price so no rush on me.

-- hide signature --

Fujifilm X-T3
Nikon D7500
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm
Nikon D90
18-105mm AF-S VR DX Nikkor
35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Nikkor
Fujifilm S7000 TCON-17
Manfrotto 190DB
Manfrotto 141RC
/

pdxa4's gear list:pdxa4's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Nikon D7500 Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +9 more
Nigelpitt13 New Member • Posts: 1

Well, its end Feb 2021 and we have the same problem in south africa, so don't feel alone. very frustrating.

Nigelpitt13's gear list:Nigelpitt13's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR XF 90mm Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR
Coldpaw Regular Member • Posts: 241
Exactly and not only Fuji...

Indeed the supply chain for a lot of businesses and industries has become problematic since the start of the pandemic, there are also crucial shortages for some rather basic electrical components. It's not only camera manufacturers: Car makers, computer hardware, even some "smart" electronic devices. Olympus, or rather OM Digital, is still unable to satisfy the surprisingly large demand for their 100-400 zoom, let alone the very expensive 150-400 flagship, with some orders most likely won't even be fulfilled this year.

I think it is a bad way to publish a lens review and rate it bad because of the poor shipping situation. It has also been stated the lens was part of a deal, depending how good this deal was, I can imagine a lot of people jumped on the promotional train and ordered the lens, now Fuji can't keep production up with the demand. A similar thing happened last year, again with Olympus, when Olympus Europe had an amazing camera+lens deal with their E-M1.2 and the f1.2 Pro lenses, some cameras and lenses were actually sold out for a couple of weeks.

Last but not least not everybody is financially effected by the pandemic, people with secure jobs have more money "to burn" than before: No restaurants open, no cinemas open, no extensive holidays and travels and free time activities being very limited. People start start spending the money they usually don't have due to these things on gear and equipment. It especially seems like the demand for typical nature/wildlife photographic equipment has risen: People not not only have the money now, but most mestrictions still allow them to explore the countryside and nature in their short distance, so some people seem to have found a new hobby or interest this way.

pictograph Regular Member • Posts: 172

NatureLover21 wrote:

No offense, but really...

About 3 million people (more than 500.000 in the USA alone) have died from Covid SARS 2 during this worldwide pandemic let alone much more survived but suffer now chronically for many years if not for the rest of their life...

the second wave was worldwide much harder than the first one and we are just at the beginning of the 3 rd one with even 3 different mutations that are much more virolent...
millions of people lost their jobs, got homeless, are hungry...

Even Production and supply chaines for pharmacy, for masks, medical gloves are not functioning as it should be....

....and you complain not to receive your 100-400mm ?

Boy, you have a real first world problem...

lay back in your comfortable seat, enjoy the fact that you are still living and not affected medically.. and that you did not lose your job.

written by someone who cares as an intensivist for Covid patients in ICUs...

prices for transports from asia to the „first world“ exploded, they charge now about 3-6 times the money because the plus of billions of medical masks, gloves, tubes for respirators, suction, all the exploding need for pharmacy and so on surpass the normal resources of the „silky road“ and Container ships.

I think these things have absolute more priority for shipping - you surely agree, don’t you?

BTW many factories in asia stopped producing, to protect people working there and also because of the limit of shipping resources at this moment.

for me, this decision is nothing but a very responsible act.

I wanted as well to buy photo gear, but I accept that production and delivery from asia today is a BIG PROBLEM...

hope eberybody rests in good and healthy condition, take care of yourself - and for others as well!

cheers

pictograph's gear list:pictograph's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T4 Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM +9 more
uniball Senior Member • Posts: 2,495

NatureLover21 wrote:

FUji apparently is playing games and not distributing fairly to customers who ordered at the discount THEY offered.

1) How do you know this?

2) Did you ever think maybe the dealer you ordered from is not getting any of his orders filled? And why?

Companies the size of Fuji don't have subjective mechanisms built into their ERP systems. But they do have objective mechanisms to redirect inventory to other orders if a dealer is not paying invoices. I suspect your issue is with your dealer, not Fuji.

Jerry-astro
THANK YOU!

A little perspective really helps here.  Excellent response and a reminder that there are far bigger and more important problems being dealt with right now... problems which have resulted in worldwide impacts on commerce and shipping.  It's fine to be frustrated, but it really helps to keep things in perspective.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads