Holding the doll

Started 3 months ago | Photos
wigginski Regular Member • Posts: 358
Holding the doll

My four year old is currently obsessed with her dolls. I actually managed to get her to look at the camera for a change.

I couldn't get the colours right, so went for black and white conversion instead.

wigginski's gear list:wigginski's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +2 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Vidau
Vidau Forum Pro • Posts: 22,683
Re: Holding the doll

wigginski wrote:

My four year old is currently obsessed with her dolls. I actually managed to get her to look at the camera for a change.

I couldn't get the colours right, so went for black and white conversion instead.

Very good photos, i like them very much (beautiful model)

Vidau's gear list:Vidau's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Nikon D800 Sony Alpha NEX-F3 +14 more
tedolf
tedolf Forum Pro • Posts: 28,285
The crop....

The crop is troubling.

You have a disembodied hand waiving in the air.

Moreover, it is out of focus.

Converting to B&W does not solve those problems.

Tedolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye +9 more
OP wigginski Regular Member • Posts: 358
Re: The crop....

I didn't see the hand, but now you mentioned it, it is quite disturbing!

I'm not so sure about the focus. Look on the camera they look good, I processed them on my phone which will have decreased the quality.

Sony Alpha NEX-5N Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +2 more
Gerry Siegel
Gerry Siegel Veteran Member • Posts: 3,168

Cute pose.  Engaging smile.   Works in mono and color as well.   Try a little skin tone messing and have fun with that... Enjoyable work.

Gerry Siegel's gear list:Gerry Siegel's gear list
Panasonic ZS100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +4 more
tedolf
tedolf Forum Pro • Posts: 28,285

wigginski wrote:

I didn't see the hand, but now you mentioned it, it is quite disturbing!

I'm not so sure about the focus. Look on the camera they look good, I processed them on my phone which will have decreased the quality.

I was talking about the hand being out of focus.

Tedolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye +9 more
OP wigginski Regular Member • Posts: 358

I get you , sorry for the misunderstanding

Chris Kippax
Chris Kippax Regular Member • Posts: 342

Great starting point, personally I think it would of been a much stronger image taken in portrait orientation and include the doll 😀

-- hide signature --

Instagram: chris_kippax

Chris Kippax's gear list:Chris Kippax's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads