only 12-100 reduce focus noise for video

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
cx5bc Forum Member • Posts: 63
only 12-100 reduce focus noise for video

Hi, I thought I would just yet ask, but I think nothing I can do. I bought comnica v30 lite to see if I can reduce focusing noise during video taping but this mic still picks up.

If I put on manual focus, no noise but not always convenient.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
OP cx5bc Forum Member • Posts: 63
Re: only 12-100 reduce focus noise for video

Hi, it's oly and not only.

Danielvr Veteran Member • Posts: 5,663
External sound recorder?

You could add the external recording afterwards in your video editor. It generally results in better audio too, when you place the recorder close to the subject.

Danielvr's gear list:Danielvr's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1,4/50 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +2 more
Skeeterbytes Forum Pro • Posts: 19,178
Re: only 12-100 reduce focus noise for video

Looking at the specs, which say this:

SUPER-CARDIOID MICROPHONE: CVM-V30 LITE shotgun microphone is giving excellent off-axis rejection for desired sounds, which can effectively reduce the noise of the surrounding environment to be picked up.

It seems like the mic isn't directional enough. I wonder if it would help to put it on an L bracket to get it farther from the camera and lens. Otherwise I'd look for a better shotgun mic.

Good luck!

Rick

-- hide signature --

Equivalence and diffraction-free since 2009.
You can be too; ask about our 12-step program.

PlumShots Contributing Member • Posts: 734
You might consider...

... trying an L-bracket such as :

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0748BL4LK?pf_rd_r=GP4Z9F5Y4C6Z0YBJYMK6&pf_rd_p=6fc81c8c-2a38-41c6-a68a-f78c79e7253f

This gets your right hand off of, and the microphone further away from, the camera.

This noticeably reduces transmission of operator handling and lens motor noise to your recordings.

Relatively inexpensive and doesn't add much weight.

Cheers.

PlumShots's gear list:PlumShots's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus E-M1 III
OP cx5bc Forum Member • Posts: 63
Re: You might consider...

Thanks for great suggestions.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads