Ordered Q2

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
Mark Matson Junior Member • Posts: 48
Ordered Q2

Hi all,

Been a member since 2002, but haven't posted in a while.  Thanks for all the information, insights, and photos over the years and Happy New Year!

I have a Q2 on order from B&H, but it has been unavailable for months now.  How long do you think I will need to wait until the stock is available?  I will wait, but I'm sure many of you did the same, so your experience would be helpful.

Thanks again,

Mark

Mark Matson's gear list:Mark Matson's gear list
Leica Q2
PointePhoto New Member • Posts: 19
Re: Ordered Q2

Mark

Call all the Leica stores.  They don't charge tax and ship free. You will find one.

-- hide signature --

Lou Peeples
PointePhotography.net
https://www.flickr.com/photos/louppls/

PointePhoto's gear list:PointePhoto's gear list
Leica SL (Typ 601) Leica M10
mepaca Regular Member • Posts: 229

Try smaller independent Leica dealers. I got mine in June of 2019 when they were impossible to find. I had been on wait lists at B&H and Adorama for a couple of months. I called District Camera near D.C. and they had one for me in less than a week. Florham Village Camera also gives excellent service. They can get product much faster than the larger dealers.

Le Chef Regular Member • Posts: 103

I would contact Dan Tamarkin at Tamarkin in Chicago. They are an official Leica dealer, and Dan has always gone out of his way to help customers. Well worth a call.

eliehbk Senior Member • Posts: 2,145

Was yesterday at Soho Leica store. They have a used Q2 and Q2 Monochrome

eliehbk's gear list:eliehbk's gear list
Leica Q2 Leica M10-R Fujifilm X-E4 Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH +3 more
OP Mark Matson Junior Member • Posts: 48

Thanks everyone- excellent suggestions!  I'll call around and see what I can do.  The smaller dealers I've seen have added $500 to the price.

Thanks again!

Mark

Leica Q2
Le Chef Regular Member • Posts: 103

I can only speak for what I have experienced with Dan Tamarkin and he is as straight as a die. Not one single transaction where I was asked to pay a premium.

tangfj New Member • Posts: 16

Le Chef wrote:

I can only speak for what I have experienced with Dan Tamarkin and he is as straight as a die. Not one single transaction where I was asked to pay a premium.

+1 for Dan... I used to live down the street from them. Great people and easy to work with.

On a side note there seem to be lots of Q2's available on fredmiranda right now if you were interested in buying used.

LenRivers Senior Member • Posts: 3,113

No idea how long BO is, BUT if you call B&H they are very helpful to ask if they have an ETA. Then call back in X weeks to check back.

In the mean time cant hurt to look for the camera elsewhere locally or direct via the Leica shop that is pretty regional around the world I believe. In the USA there are a few Leica stores spread across the Country you can order from.

I got mine from B&H like 4 weeks before the pandemic hit so at least I got out a couple times with it and here and there since.

Accessories I got is a spare battery, Really Right Stuff grip as the Q2 has nothing to hold on to.. Got the SF TTL flash. I also got from B&H the Match tech lens cap for the Q2, its like $50

I do recommend the rock n roll straps. This is an example of what I suggest. the rope style I bought first and it was very uncomfortable not being a flat strap to counter to my neck. the Q2 is not a lightweight camera per se. I opted for the longer strap the shorter one is too short at least for me. You can do a custom length if you want.

I also purchased some Ebooks from thorsten overgaard. There are always some kind of sale like 80$ off or something never pay full price. I got some capture one stuff from him too. I dont use lightroom but he does that too.

The Rock n roll straps ship international I am in the USA and it came pretty quick. Be sure to order the correct connecting ring style for the Q2

For camera bag I can suggest the Billingham Hadley Small Pro, bag number 72.  I am testing a couple different think tank bags.

I also grabbed a couple filters.  I also highly recommend if you go with lens caps from Breakthrough Technology. Replace the OEM cap they have great clamping force where sometimes the OEM is loose.  I also use their ND filters

https://rocknrollstraps.com/shop/camera-straps/napa-m-straps/napa-m-black-strap/

Hi all,

Thank you for your advice!  I received my Q2 yesterday after calling the Soho Leica Store a few times a week since I posted this thread.

I’m blown away by this camera!

Thanks again!
Mark

Leica Q2

Thanks for the suggestions!  I ordered a Rivera strap from RocknRoll. Still deciding on a bag.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond so thoroughly.

Leica Q2
amazme1 Regular Member • Posts: 103

I ordered my Q2 4th qtr 2020 from a Chicago camera store.  Returned home and got a call that my camera was delivered on a truck within an hour after I left the store.  Since it was ordered for the store’s invertory, it was mine. Returned the next day to pick it up and the rest they say is history, 🤗

amazme1's gear list:amazme1's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads