Canon M10

Started 2 months ago | User reviews
Ivorz Junior Member • Posts: 29
Canon M10

This camera is I use from the first I know Photography until now

Its a great camera although it's not perfect

The Image Quality is average

The autofocus sometimes when I use Servo it can lock to the subject, it's kept finding focus and the subject is out of focus

The Handling is bad, there's no grip only a thumb grip

The button is super minimalism, there's no custom button

The Low Light is pretty terrible, At ISO 100 theres a little bit of grain

At ISO 800 there's already many noise

At ISO 1600 many noise and if I reduce the noise in post

production the images already become soft like panting

Canon EOS M10
18 megapixels • 3 screen • APS-C sensor
Announced: Oct 13, 2015
Ivorz's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
okay
Action / sports
poor
Landscapes / scenery
good
Portraits
acceptable
Low light (without flash)
poor
Flash photography (social)
acceptable
Studio / still life
bad
= community average
Canon EOS M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Sittatunga Senior Member • Posts: 2,718
Re: Canon M10

Welcome to the forum Ivorz.

Flipbac make various rubber hand grips which stick to the camera with double-sided tape and transform its handling.  They are quite cheap through Amazon or eBay and well worth buying.

DxO PhotoLab's Prime or Deep Prime noise reduction are very good at preserving sharpness from this camera, but only work on RAW images.

The M100 which replaced this camera was itself replaced by the M200 last year.  Both have an improved 24 megapixel sensor, improved autofocus and are bigger improvements than they appear to be on paper.  They both still need stick-on handgrips though.

OP Ivorz Junior Member • Posts: 29

Sittatunga wrote:

Thanks!

Flipbac make various rubber hand grips which stick to the camera with double-sided tape and transform its handling. They are quite cheap through Amazon or eBay and well worth buying.

I will check that , Thanks

DxO PhotoLab's Prime or Deep Prime noise reduction are very good at preserving sharpness from this camera, but only work on RAW images.

Thanks! I will check that!

The M100 which replaced this camera was itself replaced by the M200 last year. Both have an improved 24 megapixel sensor, improved autofocus and are bigger improvements than they appear to be on paper. They both still need stick-on handgrips though.

Sittatunga Senior Member • Posts: 2,718

Ivorz wrote:

Sittatunga wrote:

Thanks!

Flipbac make various rubber hand grips which stick to the camera with double-sided tape and transform its handling. They are quite cheap through Amazon or eBay and well worth buying.

You can download a month's free trial version from DxO.  They often used to give away free older versions with photo magazines.

The M100 which replaced this camera was itself replaced by the M200 last year. Both have an improved 24 megapixel sensor, improved autofocus and are bigger improvements than they appear to be on paper. They both still need stick-on handgrips though.

OP Ivorz Junior Member • Posts: 29

Sittatunga wrote:

Ivorz wrote:

Sittatunga wrote:

Thanks!

You can download a month's free trial version from DxO. They often used to give away free older versions with photo magazines.

Wow thanks, I didn't know this.

Is there an alternatives for mobile?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads