Godox transmitter

Started Dec 19, 2020 | Questions
gbainbridge Senior Member • Posts: 2,786
Godox transmitter

Does anyone know how to replace the battery in a Godox transmitter (the one that sits on the camera's hot shoe)? Mine has died and I suspect it's the battery, but I can't find any way to open it apart from breaking it open.

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Gary.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
rmexpress22 Senior Member • Posts: 2,080
Re: Godox transmitter

I don't know which transmitter you mean. All the ones I own have a door that slides off.

For older, cheap transmitters that I own, there was a tiny screw under. Yours might have a sticker cover the screw hole. It's also possible that there's just tiny, plastic tabs holding yours together and you have to pry it open carefully so as to not break the tabs.

rmexpress22's gear list:rmexpress22's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS M6 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art Canon PowerShot G16 +21 more
tugwilson Veteran Member • Posts: 3,699

Please post a photograph of the transmitter

OP gbainbridge Senior Member • Posts: 2,786

Doh! You're right, there's a screw under the quality control sticker.The only problem now is that it's an unusual 12 volt battery, so I will have to order one.

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Gary.

mek42 Regular Member • Posts: 230

gbainbridge wrote:

Doh! You're right, there's a screw under the quality control sticker.The only problem now is that it's an unusual 12 volt battery, so I will have to order one.

What model number is the battery?

mek42's gear list:mek42's gear list
Nikon D2Hs

It's a L1028F. I think it's the same battery that's used in our wireless doorbell, which suggests that it probably uses the same transmitter chip.

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Gary.

mek42 Regular Member • Posts: 230

It looks like they are used in some glucose testers, so maybe check your local drug store (or hardware store what with the garage opener).  They might be stocked as an A23 battery.

How long has this one lasted?

mek42's gear list:mek42's gear list
Nikon D2Hs

About two years. It's not been used that much, but I suspect that it just ran out of shelf life.

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Gary.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads