No trial for Luminar AI?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
CraigVMN Contributing Member • Posts: 776
No trial for Luminar AI?

Seems odd, every other app I've been interested in allows a potential buyer to trial first.

CraigVMN's gear list:CraigVMN's gear list
Nikon D5600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G VR Nikon 10-20mm F4.5-5.6 VR
Michal_G
Michal_G New Member • Posts: 13
Re: No trial for Luminar AI?

CraigVMN wrote:

Seems odd, every other app I've been interested in allows a potential buyer to trial first.

Yeah, even Luminar 4 has a trial. Interesting...

rwingsfan Regular Member • Posts: 274

Michal_G wrote:

CraigVMN wrote:

They really don't want you to see how bad it sucks, and it does......

lacogada Contributing Member • Posts: 760

CraigVMN wrote:

I was an early purchaser ... expecting something special.

Loaded it a couple days ago ... sigh ... disappointed.

BrownieVet Senior Member • Posts: 3,819
No trial for Luminar AI - not true

CraigVMN wrote:

But there is! Simple google:  LUMINAR Ai and you'll get several hits.  here is a screen shot showing 30-day money back trial.  Easiest is to call the Toll-Free phone number who will send you direct link for FREE trial.   Be sure to keep DETAILED record.

Jestertheclown
Jestertheclown Veteran Member • Posts: 3,303
Re: No trial for Luminar AI - not true

BrownieVet wrote:

CraigVMN wrote:

But there is! Simple google: LUMINAR Ai and you'll get several hits. here is a screen shot showing 30-day money back trial. Easiest is to call the Toll-Free phone number who will send you direct link for FREE trial. Be sure to keep DETAILED record.

That's not a free thirty day trial in the usually accepted sense though . . .

In fact; if I was considering using this software (actually, having used Luminar 4, I won't be touching it with a bargepole) the lack of a decent trial would have made my mind up.

"It's good to be . . . . . . . . . Me!"

Dave Symington Forum Member • Posts: 72
Re: No trial for Luminar AI - not true

I should have thought of that. I bought it and immediately asked for refund. Still waiting for a reply.

BrownieVet Senior Member • Posts: 3,819
What do you not understand about calling for a direct link? - n.t.

Jestertheclown wrote:

BrownieVet wrote:

CraigVMN wrote:

But there is! Simple google: LUMINAR Ai and you'll get several hits. here is a screen shot showing 30-day money back trial. Easiest is to call the Toll-Free phone number who will send you direct link for FREE trial. Be sure to keep DETAILED record.

That's not a free thirty day trial in the usually accepted sense though . . .

In fact; if I was considering using this software (actually, having used Luminar 4, I won't be touching it with a bargepole) the lack of a decent trial would have made my mind up.

"It's good to be . . . . . . . . . Me!"

Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 22,461

They had a a noise AI plug-in a few years ago. $100 and no trial period either.

-- hide signature --

A wonderful conclusion.

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM +1 more
EMs1950 Regular Member • Posts: 279

Look at the "Official comment" by Helena Carter (second comment in the thread) with a link to the online installer (OS dependent) here:

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360010156420-Is-there-no-TRIAL-for-download-now-for-Luminar-AI-

You'll get a 7 days trial.

-- hide signature --

Best Regard
EMs1950

Darryl Brooks Regular Member • Posts: 412

rwingsfan wrote:

Michal_G wrote:

CraigVMN wrote:

They really don't want you to see how bad it sucks, and it does......

I think it's partially that and partially they don't want L4 users to see they don't have much extra. You have to wait until v2. And we know how that works at Skylum.

lescrane Contributing Member • Posts: 755

They are horrible.    Luminar 4 which I purchased a year ago will not work with my new laptop because their graphics coding is not playing well with the latest Intel Processor with integrated graphics.    They know they have a problem as per user support forum.  I figured I'd try AI  to see if it works (maybe even pay for it if it does) but no way to get a free trial.   
I have zero confidence in them and will not pay with a so called "money back guarantee" I do like sky replacement, more than what;s in the latest photoshop.  But the bugs in Luminar from day one have been a time waster

lescrane's gear list:lescrane's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic G85 Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 Panasonic 100-300mm F4-5.6 II Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads