New visitor in my garden

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
CrisL Contributing Member • Posts: 887
New visitor in my garden

Today I have the surprise to look at a new visitor in my garden

It's shoot through my double glazed windows and I think the comparison between the

sooc jpg and the processed raw is interesting

Process with DXO PL 4 DeepPrime denoise + Topaz Studio 2

CrisL's gear list:CrisL's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 950 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic FZ80/FZ82 Nikon Coolpix P1000 +5 more
jshen808
jshen808 Forum Pro • Posts: 16,067
Re: New visitor in my garden

Great results with using the softwares!

Thanks for sharing & happy snapping.

Cheers!

-- hide signature --

Cheers, John
(Feel free to download my pictures)
*** No response = ignore list ***
*** Trash-talker won't rule us ***

jshen808's gear list:jshen808's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic FZ80/FZ82
Augustin Man
Augustin Man Forum Pro • Posts: 10,820

As always from you, my friend, not only an excellent image, but also impressively PPed!

Thank you for sharing and happy shooting,

Augustin

Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P1000
ANAYV Forum Pro • Posts: 20,360

Very nice visitor CrisL

I see Clear View fixing up the haze from the window.

Really impressed with Deep PRIME in this PL 4

Tried it out on my D300s at ISO 3200.

Pretty good results.

Stay healthy

ANAYV

KJaay Veteran Member • Posts: 8,215

Beautiful image, nice job!

-- hide signature --

KJ

KJaay's gear list:KJaay's gear list
Canon PowerShot S3 IS Fujifilm X-S1 Nikon Coolpix P600 Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon Coolpix P1000 +1 more
OP CrisL Contributing Member • Posts: 887

Thank you all my friends

Indeed DeepPrime very useful for P950 P1000 raws

Another one with details

Nikon Coolpix 950 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic FZ80/FZ82 Nikon Coolpix P1000 +5 more
jshen808

CrisL wrote:

Thank you all my friends

Another one with details

Wow, fantastic results!!

Thanks for sharing my friend.

Cheers!

-- hide signature --

Cheers, John

OutsideTheMatrix
OutsideTheMatrix Veteran Member • Posts: 7,848

is the top one the original JPG (the one with the more saturated colors)?

as usual I love your focal lengths but in this case it is truly exponential!

-- hide signature --

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.
-Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1961

OutsideTheMatrix's gear list:OutsideTheMatrix's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Olympus PEN E-PL6 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +9 more
OutsideTheMatrix

very nice!  1/10,000 sec shutter speed, I love it

-- hide signature --

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.

Nikon Coolpix P900 Olympus PEN E-PL6 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +9 more
jshen808

OutsideTheMatrix wrote:

The "original" is the bland one (first post),

as the picture was taken from behind glass.

Cheers!

-- hide signature --

Cheers, John

OutsideTheMatrix

jshen808 wrote:

OutsideTheMatrix wrote:

Cheers!

Thanks John- I got confused because the bland one says "TIF" in the header above it.  So the picture all the way at the top with the richer greens is the post processed image that came from RAW?

-- hide signature --

jshen808

OutsideTheMatrix wrote:

jshen808 wrote:

OutsideTheMatrix wrote:

Cheers!

Thanks John- I got confused because the bland one says "TIF" in the header above it. So the picture all the way at the top with the richer greens is the post processed image that came from RAW?

No worries!

Yes, it seems the "original" is jpg,

and the "processed" is from raw.

Cheers!

-- hide signature --

Cheers, John

OutsideTheMatrix

jshen808 wrote:

OutsideTheMatrix wrote:

jshen808 wrote:

OutsideTheMatrix wrote:

Cheers!

Thanks John- I got confused because the bland one says "TIF" in the header above it. So the picture all the way at the top with the richer greens is the post processed image that came from RAW?

No worries!

Cheers!

Yes the one listed with the "exponential" shutter speed must be the processed one

-- hide signature --

Sorry for the confusion I thought it was clear enough

the first picture is the final processed from the raw

the copy screen from faststone shows on left in fact the jpg embeded in the raw which is the sooc jpg
and on right the final processed from raw

The light was very low , I shooted through double glazed : ss was 1/125 , F 5, iso 500

FL equivalent 380mm

The difference is typical as soon the ISO is larger 200 . So I always shoot raw only

jshen808

OutsideTheMatrix wrote:

jshen808 wrote:

OutsideTheMatrix wrote:

jshen808 wrote:

OutsideTheMatrix wrote:

Cheers!

No worries!

Cheers!

Yes the one listed with the "exponential" shutter speed must be the processed one

Lol's, must be!

Cheers!

-- hide signature --

Cheers, John

jshen808

CrisL wrote:

the copy screen from faststone shows on left in fact the jpg embeded in the raw which is the sooc jpg

The light was very low , I shooted through double glazed : ss was 1/125 , F 5, iso 500

FL equivalent 380mm

The difference is typical as soon the ISO is larger 200 . So I always shoot raw only

Thanks for this updated information!

Cheers!

-- hide signature --

Cheers, John

Pointbass
Pointbass Junior Member • Posts: 32

CrisL wrote:

Thank you all my friends

Another one with details

Quite beautiful, nice work!

Pointbass's gear list:Pointbass's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon D70s Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF +4 more
OutsideTheMatrix

CrisL wrote:

FL equivalent 380mm

Thanks, the copy screen has pixellation in it so I see that as a lower resolution image that gets blown up to a larger resolution. Was the JPG really that desaturated?

I know I saw this advice elsewhere too and saw ISO ladder results that indicated color saturation drops severely after ISO 200. With all three cameras.

edit- the first image on top shows much deeper greens than the picture on the right in the bottom "copy"...so they are both processed from RAW?  Maybe the lack of saturation in the greens comes from the program used to generate the copy screen?  I was wondering if you could do something....can you post the sooc JPG directly (without a copy screen) using the upload button AND the image processed from RAW also using the upload button?

-- hide signature --

OutsideTheMatrix wrote:

CrisL wrote:

FL equivalent 380mm

Thanks, the copy screen has pixellation in it so I see that as a lower resolution image that gets blown up to a larger resolution. Was the JPG really that desaturated?

yes the picture is zoom 150% in faststone

I know I saw this advice elsewhere too and saw ISO ladder results that indicated color saturation drops severely after ISO 200. With all three cameras.

edit- the first image on top shows much deeper greens than the picture on the right in the bottom "copy"...so they are both processed from RAW? Maybe the lack of saturation in the greens comes from the program used to generate the copy screen?

yes correct this copyscreen of FasTstone looks always different than my original colors in other pp softwares where i am using adobe color space

I was wondering if you could do something....can you post the sooc JPG directly (without a copy screen) using the upload button AND the image processed from RAW also using the upload button?

yes here a link to the raw

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Azn3cFbDU3dproMQ33y-PABek2wwzD6n/view?usp=sharing

and the jpg embeded in the raw (as stored by faststone ), for me it's the same as sooc jpg ,yes the colors are always desaturated compared to my usual processed files

I never tried to optimise the sooc jpg because i like to play with the RAW and in my experience my result is more pleasant for me

jpg embeded (sooc)

jpg processed from RAW slightly compressed (96%)

OutsideTheMatrix

I really like them too!  Is that parrot native to your area?  Are you near a tropical rain forest lol

By the way what is your experience with sooc JPG at ISO 100 and 200, are they much closer to their natural colors and when you process RAW from images taken at those lower ISO are the colors very similar to the sooc JPG as well as the amount of details you see?

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads