Neewer 750ii flash not working in i-TTL with Z5 camera

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
jb_motohead New Member • Posts: 1
Neewer 750ii flash not working in i-TTL with Z5 camera

Hi all,

I just recently acquired a Nikon Z5 camera, with which I'm quite pleased.

However, when I attached my Neewer 750ii flash to the camera in TTL mode (which worked perfectly on my previous D5300)  the flash does not fire when I trip the shutter.

The camera and flash are clearly communicating with each other, as adjusting focal length and/or ISO on the camera makes corresponding changes on the flash. Furthermore if I use the the flash in manual mode it works fine, triggering when I release the camera shutter.

So the problem appears to be Neewer 750ii i-TTL compatibility with the Z5; maybe with all of the Nikon mirrorless Z series cameras?

Anyone else have this experience? Am I missing something?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Stinson
Stinson Veteran Member • Posts: 3,840
Re: Neewer 750ii flash not working in i-TTL with Z5 camera

Do you have Silent Photography off in the Camera Menus?

-- hide signature --

Michael

Stinson's gear list:Stinson's gear list
Nikon Z5 Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 Nikon Z 24-200mm F4-6.3 VR Olympus TG-5 Nikon D7000 +1 more
Monkey007 Forum Member • Posts: 51

Most likely firmware issue. It's been discussed for Godox in some threads lately.

Patco Forum Pro • Posts: 15,125

jb_motohead wrote:

So the problem appears to be Neewer 750ii i-TTL compatibility with the Z5; maybe with all of the Nikon mirrorless Z series cameras?

Anyone else have this experience? Am I missing something?

Issues with that Neewer and other Z models have been mentioned before, like here:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/64553435

-- hide signature --

Patco
A photograph is more than a bunch of pixels.

rp4301 New Member • Posts: 1

Did you have any luck getting this to work in TTL mode?

Rj44144 New Member • Posts: 1

I just picked this up a few days ago and the 750ii is still not corrected in TTL mode.  I am having the same issue with my Meike 910’s except these won’t communicate at all.  The odd part is, this is only an issue on camera.  When I connect  my Neewer flash triggers, the flash connects, communicates and fires in TTL mode just fine when off camera.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads