Who here is running an adapter with EF lenses on a Z body?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
madecov
madecov Veteran Member • Posts: 6,258
Who here is running an adapter with EF lenses on a Z body?

Just curious. I don't have any EF lenses, but given plethora available, it's something to consider

-- hide signature --

Police Officer (Retired)
No plan survives first contact with the enemy.

madecov's gear list:madecov's gear list
Nikon 1 V3 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z50 Nikon Z6 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +21 more
(unknown member) Regular Member • Posts: 189
Re: Who here is running an adapter with EF lenses on a Z body?

madecov wrote:

Just curious. I don't have any EF lenses, but given plethora available, it's something to consider

The Fringer adapter is the reference at this point.

cheers
Bernard

vrphos New Member • Posts: 21

Z7 + Fringer EF to Z + Canon TS-E 24/3.5 II combo is working flawlessly

rokoko
rokoko Senior Member • Posts: 2,072

I kept some EF lenses (primes and f4Ls) after purchasing Nikon D700. I used them on Canon M, Sony a7iii, and eventually Z7 (with Fringer). They all perform very well. I added some TS-E recently, 17mm and 24mm. Had some issue with 17mm at the beginning, but it turned out to be the lens problem, not the adapter. Overall I am impressed by the AF performance of Fringer.

rokoko's gear list:rokoko's gear list
Sony a7 III Nikon Z7
gnet158 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,084

I use the Canon 135mm F2 L lens on my Z6 M1 (via the fringer adaptor) and love it.  Waiting to run across a good deal on the Canon 85mm, not sure if I'll go for the F1.4/F1.8/or F1.2.

-- hide signature --

I got to get out and shoot more.

gnet158's gear list:gnet158's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D200 Nikon D7100 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Special Edition +3 more
PkmX Forum Member • Posts: 53

I highly recommend spending a bit more for the the Fringer FR-NZ1 since it is a step up above all other competition, and the AF performance is really great. I'm shooting with the 135L on the Z6II, and I have tried my friend's 16-35/4L, 24-105/4L, 70-200/2.8L III, Sigma 35/1.4 Art and they all work nicely with the Fringer. I do love the fact that EF lenses are the most universal lens system right now since you can seamlessly adapt them to Canon RF (Canon's own adapter), Nikon Z/Fujifilm X (Fringer), Sony E (Metabones/MC-11).

Z6 II + Fringer FR-NZ1 + Canon EF 135/2L

Z6 II + Fringer FR-NZ1 + Canon EF 135/2L

PkmX's gear list:PkmX's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon Z6 II Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads