Just bought an X-T30 !

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
KAAMBIC
KAAMBIC Regular Member • Posts: 487
Just bought an X-T30 !

I love tech, i love testing and trying new stuff. Owning well over 20 different cameras in the last 9 years, Fuji is the only major brand that escaped me. Many times i debated it, researched a bunch of info and ended up with something else. Not this time.

6mo ago i was shopping, it was down to the EM1-II, M6II and X-T30. I chose the Olympus as i already had 4 lenses for it, but i never stopped thinking of the Fuji, so here i am. Every time i watch a video in Eterna im salivating, and it's the ONLY system i could trust jpegs only and not fuss with raws.

I also have an M50 i just sold (still have my Olympus), in about a week i will be using that cash to get my first FX lens, since im a portrait guy im going with the Viltrox 56. All advice tips n tricks are welcome, looking forward to playing around with the 120 slowmo and exploring the Fuji jpeg presets to find my favorites.

I can't wait!

-- hide signature --

"You taught me hate, I'll teach you fear" -

KAAMBIC's gear list:KAAMBIC's gear list
Nikon D300 Fujifilm X-S10 Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +2 more
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
SpeedyNeo
SpeedyNeo Senior Member • Posts: 1,035
Re: Just bought an X-T30 !

Congrats on your new cam. I recommend looking at either the 23/f1.4 or the 35/f1.4 to complement your 56 in the future.

Fuji X is a great system you'll quickly fall in love with.

-- hide signature --

Fujifilm X-T3 | XF16mmF1.4 | XF35mmF1.4 | XF90mmF2 | Fujifilm X100V | Fujifilm FinePix XP140

SpeedyNeo's gear list:SpeedyNeo's gear list
Fujifilm XP130 Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm +1 more
And-roid
And-roid Senior Member • Posts: 1,147

KAAMBIC wrote:

I love tech, i love testing and trying new stuff. Owning well over 20 different cameras in the last 9 years, Fuji is the only major brand that escaped me. Many times i debated it, researched a bunch of info and ended up with something else. Not this time.

6mo ago i was shopping, it was down to the EM1-II, M6II and X-T30. I chose the Olympus as i already had 4 lenses for it, but i never stopped thinking of the Fuji, so here i am. Every time i watch a video in Eterna im salivating, and it's the ONLY system i could trust jpegs only and not fuss with raws.

I also have an M50 i just sold (still have my Olympus), in about a week i will be using that cash to get my first FX lens, since im a portrait guy im going with the Viltrox 56. All advice tips n tricks are welcome, looking forward to playing around with the 120 slowmo and exploring the Fuji jpeg presets to find my favorites.

I can't wait!

Seems odd that you'd go x-t30 when x-s10 offers a lot more for your money, ie ibis and essentially x-t4 functionality/performance.

GreatOceanSoftware
GreatOceanSoftware Regular Member • Posts: 246

It’s hard to bond with a list of specifications or a few dollars of savings. I think personal appeal drives a lot of equipment decisions.

-- hide signature --

Randy

GreatOceanSoftware's gear list:GreatOceanSoftware's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Canon EOS M6 II Fujifilm X-E4 Fujifilm XF 8-16mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR +5 more
SjorsDW
SjorsDW Regular Member • Posts: 133

SpeedyNeo wrote:

Congrats on your new cam. I recommend looking at either the 23/f1.4 or the 35/f1.4 to complement your 56 in the future.

Fuji X is a great system you'll quickly fall in love with.

+1 for the 35/f1.4

SjorsDW's gear list:SjorsDW's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +8 more
KAAMBIC
OP KAAMBIC Regular Member • Posts: 487

And-roid wrote:

KAAMBIC wrote:

I can't wait!

Seems odd that you'd go x-t30 when x-s10 offers a lot more for your money, ie ibis and essentially x-t4 functionality/performance.

I did look at it, the XT3 as well with that new FW now. But i got this XT30 for $600 US so it kinda comes down to lenses and budget, i have a limit up front of about a grand right now, so i could get the XS10 with no lens, or get the 30 with one of the Viltrox portrait lenses. I also have a few Nikon/Canon lenses i will use with a dumb adapter for now.

Down the road i will definitely look at the XS10 as an upgrade but couldn't do it right now. I also still have my EM1-II which has fantastic IBIS and can record very good C4k. I may eventually sell off my MFT kit (body and 4 lenses) which will pay for most of something like the XS10 but that's a decision for a bit later.

-- hide signature --

Nikon D300 Fujifilm X-S10 Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +2 more
MrSee
MrSee Senior Member • Posts: 1,829

Enjoy. It's a highly rated camera.

-- hide signature --

Jim from Ontario Canada
Fuji X-H1
Fuji 18-55 2.8-4

MrSee's gear list:MrSee's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1
jjz2 Senior Member • Posts: 2,949

And-roid wrote:

KAAMBIC wrote:

I can't wait!

He didn't even mention the X-s10...

Many of us would pick X-t30 over X-s10. The X-s10 design is the opposite of what I'm looking for. It's the first Fuji camera in the last 5 years that I've had absolutely 0 interest in. I'd rather carry around my old X-E2 than that thing.

jjz2's gear list:jjz2's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR +2 more
KAAMBIC

jjz2 wrote:

And-roid wrote:

Many of us would pick X-t30 over X-s10. The X-s10 design is the opposite of what I'm looking for. It's the first Fuji camera in the last 5 years that I've had absolutely 0 interest in. I'd rather carry around my old X-E2 than that thing.

Yea i did look at it breifly and one thing i didn't like was the screen. I have owned several cameras with each type and im not a blogger or a selfie guy so i don't need a side hinge screen. It's my biggest peeve about my Olympus, i really dislike side-hinge only screens.

I won't say never but im guessing between now and the time i want an upgrade, the XT40 will be a much better fit for me and probly have a tilting screen and perhaps IBIS.

-- hide signature --

KneeConWon Contributing Member • Posts: 808
As in Nikon FX?

KAAMBIC wrote:

i will be using that cash to get my first FX lens

You're going to mount a full-frame Nikon lens on your Fuji?

-- hide signature --

Follow my street-photo project on Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/couplesoftraversecity/

KneeConWon's gear list:KneeConWon's gear list
Sony a7 II Nikon D7500 Fujifilm X-T100
SjorsDW
Re: As in Nikon FX?

KneeConWon wrote:

KAAMBIC wrote:

I think he meant XF

Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +8 more
jjz2 Senior Member • Posts: 2,949

KneeConWon wrote:

KAAMBIC wrote:

I laughed... but Fringer is actually releasing a Nikon mount adapter with AF very soon.

jjz2's gear list:jjz2's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR +2 more
SjorsDW

jjz2 wrote:

KneeConWon wrote:

KAAMBIC wrote:

I laughed... but Fringer is actually releasing a Nikon mount adapter with AF very soon.

I didnt know this!! thx for the info!

https://www.fujirumors.com/fringer-nikon-f-to-fujifilm-x-smart-autofocus-adapter-prototype-video-sample/

* it will probably only work for Nikkor G lenses (focus motor in the lens is needed)

KAAMBIC

KneeConWon wrote:

KAAMBIC wrote:

Correct.

-- hide signature --

KAAMBIC

jjz2 wrote:

KneeConWon wrote:

KAAMBIC wrote:

Its an old legacy MF lens to play with for a week till i get my first native lens.

-- hide signature --

SjorsDW

KAAMBIC wrote:

jjz2 wrote:

KneeConWon wrote:

KAAMBIC wrote:

Its an old legacy MF lens to play with for a week till i get my first native lens.

Ah okay! yeah I use loads of old glass on my XT cameras! its a match made in heaven:)

KAAMBIC

SjorsDW wrote:

KAAMBIC wrote:

jjz2 wrote:

KneeConWon wrote:

KAAMBIC wrote:

Ah okay! yeah I use loads of old glass on my XT cameras! its a match made in heaven:)

Yes, it's one thing im looking forward to actually with Fuji, the MF aids are far beyond the competition. I also have a Tamron 70-210 2.8, it front focuses so bad on my D300 that even the full -20 correction doesn't fix it.

If they come out with that Fuji AF adapter i may look into that. I tried the Tamron on my EM1 with MF but the damn thing is so heavy it's hard to focus by hand with that weight out front.

-- hide signature --

SjorsDW

KAAMBIC wrote:

SjorsDW wrote:

Yes, it's one thing im looking forward to actually with Fuji, the MF aids are far beyond the competition. I also have a Tamron 70-210 2.8, it front focuses so bad on my D300 that even the full -20 correction doesn't fix it.

If they come out with that Fuji AF adapter i may look into that. I tried the Tamron on my EM1 with MF but the damn thing is so heavy it's hard to focus by hand with that weight out front.

My X-T1 is even very capable for long lenses like Nikkor 135mm 2.8 and 70-210! I would suggest the use the double window (set MF assist on focus peak highlight RED - HIGH).

here you can see (on my xh1) the the edge of the door is in focus on tje little zoomed -in view.

fz750
fz750 Regular Member • Posts: 317

jjz2 wrote:

And-roid wrote:

Picking up my new charcoal X-T30 tomorrow -wasn't interested in the slightest in the X-S10: it's bigger, has the wrong dials for me, I'm not interested in IBIS, don't like the screen much, no technical difference otherwise, and costs more.

fz750's gear list:fz750's gear list
Nikon D7200 Fujifilm X-T30 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Tokina 11-20mm F2.8 Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR +2 more
Samuraidog Contributing Member • Posts: 852

I suggest the 18-55mm kit lens. It pairs nicely with the X-T30.

Samuraidog's gear list:Samuraidog's gear list
Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm X-E2S Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads