Any news of an X-T5 ?

Started Dec 13, 2020 | Discussions
Kaiser-Soze Forum Member • Posts: 63
Any news of an X-T5 ?

Already a FujiFilm owner with a X-T2 and several prime and Zoom lenses. I love the system.  I'm thinking of buying an X-T4 to get the enhanced video features that I'd like.  However, because of the low trade in price for my mint X-T2 I'm thinking I'll keep the X-T2 as a second body; not worth getting rid of it for what I get for it.

I hesitated before pressing the buy button though in case of an upcoming X-T5.  TBH I am not sure what that could add over and above the X-T4.  Any intel or theories on the possibilities of that??  In any event,  I may wait for potential Holidays and New Year deals I think.

Thanks,

Kaiser-Soze's gear list:Kaiser-Soze's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Samyang 135mm F2.0
Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
McWoodley
McWoodley Contributing Member • Posts: 564
Re: Any news of an X-T5 ?

Probably two years out before any real news.

McWoodley's gear list:McWoodley's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +10 more
Greg7579
Greg7579 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,041

The XT-4 is too new to worry about that.  It should not impact any current upgrade decision.  There is always a new model a year or two out.  That is the way it is.

If you are feeling the itch then it is time if you can spend the money.

-- hide signature --
 Greg7579's gear list:Greg7579's gear list
Leica Q2 Fujifilm GFX 50R Fujifilm GFX 100 Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 Fujifilm 120mm F4 Macro +8 more
boogisha
boogisha Senior Member • Posts: 2,670
Re: Any news of an X-T5 ? Possibly 2021/2022

X-Tx series usually gets updated in some 2 years period, with X-T4 being more of an anomaly (most probably due to expected Olympics), announced in February 2020 (to be released in April 2020), but reusing the same sensor and processor as X-T3, previously released in September 2018.

Thus, if any previous "schedule" remains, we really shouldn`t see X-T5 for at least (almost) a year, but more realistically somewhere in 2022. - and that most probably with X-H2 being announced and released first, being the forebearer of new sensor/processor generation (to be subsequently inherited by X-T5 and others).

boogisha's gear list:boogisha's gear list
Canon PowerShot A75 Canon ELPH 300 HS Canon PowerShot S120 Canon PowerShot G7 X Fujifilm X-E1 +14 more
OP Kaiser-Soze Forum Member • Posts: 63

Thanks guys,  Yeah, indeed, always something new in a year or two and I am fine with that.  Would not want to buy now though and then the X-T5  ships in two months time, that's all.

I'll wait until any deals early in January on the X-T4.  Often deals come up then, maybe they throw a new battery in or a few bucks off the price.

Fujifilm X-T2 Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Samyang 135mm F2.0
KneeConWon Contributing Member • Posts: 810

Kaiser-Soze wrote:

I hesitated before pressing the buy button though in case of an upcoming X-T5.

Good grief. The X-T4 came out zero years ago! 

-- hide signature --

Follow my street-photo project on Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/couplesoftraversecity/

KneeConWon's gear list:KneeConWon's gear list
Sony a7 II Nikon D7500 Fujifilm X-T100
JayPhizzt Senior Member • Posts: 2,323

Kaiser-Soze wrote:

Already a FujiFilm owner with a X-T2 and several prime and Zoom lenses. I love the system. I'm thinking of buying an X-T4 to get the enhanced video features that I'd like. However, because of the low trade in price for my mint X-T2 I'm thinking I'll keep the X-T2 as a second body; not worth getting rid of it for what I get for it.

I hesitated before pressing the buy button though in case of an upcoming X-T5. TBH I am not sure what that could add over and above the X-T4. Any intel or theories on the possibilities of that?? In any event, I may wait for potential Holidays and New Year deals I think.

Thanks,

The X-T4 came out this year so we most likely won't get any news about an X-T5 until the end of next year at the earliest. The X-H2 will however probably come out next year and the X-T5 will of course have similiar specs. The X-T5/X-H2 will most certainly have a new sensor at least. Probably also better AF, improved video specs, a new EVF, maybe better IBIS etc. Perhaps even a global shutter?

JayPhizzt's gear list:JayPhizzt's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z 20mm F1.8 Nikon Z MC 105mm F2.8 VR S
OP Kaiser-Soze Forum Member • Posts: 63

???

I asked a simple question. April 20' is when the XT4 came out. Assuming a release cadence of a year or so then I assumed maybe the "5" was maybe scheduled in summer and wondered if anyone more learned than me knew anything more specific..... Isn't it reasonable to ask this question before making a $2000 investment?

Thanks to the others who answered more constructively.  Will wait until the holidays and purchase a X-T4.

Makingtrax Senior Member • Posts: 1,056

The XT4 will take some beating, it’s got everything people asked for. Only when they’re in a position to meaningfully upgrade the sensor and have mastered the kind of AF that Sony has will they upgrade. 2 years minimum.

-- hide signature --

Steve

Makingtrax's gear list:Makingtrax's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR
vegetaleb
vegetaleb Senior Member • Posts: 2,767
Fall 2021

Kaiser-Soze wrote:

Already a FujiFilm owner with a X-T2 and several prime and Zoom lenses. I love the system. I'm thinking of buying an X-T4 to get the enhanced video features that I'd like. However, because of the low trade in price for my mint X-T2 I'm thinking I'll keep the X-T2 as a second body; not worth getting rid of it for what I get for it.

I hesitated before pressing the buy button though in case of an upcoming X-T5. TBH I am not sure what that could add over and above the X-T4. Any intel or theories on the possibilities of that?? In any event, I may wait for potential Holidays and New Year deals I think.

Thanks,

Best case scenario it will come in Summer 2021, worst case it will be during Fall 2021

The X-T4 came just 1.5 year after the x-t3, the x-t4 is already 8 months old so you still have more or less 10 months left

-- hide signature --

For lenses reviews and tutorials about Fuji Raf editing https://fujiandstuff.wordpress.com/
My shutterstock https://www.shutterstock.com/g/jeffmerheb
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/147690104@N02/

vegetaleb's gear list:vegetaleb's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR
michaeladawson Forum Pro • Posts: 17,418
Re: Fall 2021

vegetaleb wrote:

Best case scenario it will come in Summer 2021, worst case it will be during Fall 2021

The X-T4 came just 1.5 year after the x-t3, the x-t4 is already 8 months old so you still have more or less 10 months left

And the X-T2 came 2.5 years after the X-T1.  And the X-T3 came 2 years after that.

So you could guess and say that the release times are getting shorter.  You could also take an average and say the release times are about 2 years apart.

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon D850 Fujifilm X-E3 +39 more
nurseMarty Regular Member • Posts: 271
Any news of an X-T5 ?

Dear KneeConWon:

I have no news.

Just purchased an used XPRO3. Don’t care if there is a new XPro or XT model. There is nothing I need or want (well, IBIS for the XPRO but let’s not go there) on a new body. What it comes down to is does the XT4 have the goods? Maybe there is a new XT5 on the horizon. As suggested on a previous response, not likely, but possible. I could win the lottery. Sorry for being rude. Here is the point. In finance there is the concept of time value of money. A dollar in your hand NOW is more valuable than money in the future. What is the value of waiting for a new model? What is the cost of lost opportunities to capture images? What would the XT5 have that is so valuable you’d postpone making your XT4 purchase now.

Your power is in the now.

Mask on Nurse Marty

JayPhizzt Senior Member • Posts: 2,323
Re: Fall 2021

michaeladawson wrote:

vegetaleb wrote:

And the X-T2 came 2.5 years after the X-T1. And the X-T3 came 2 years after that.

So you could guess and say that the release times are getting shorter. You could also take an average and say the release times are about 2 years apart.

I actually think the X-T4 was a special case, they wanted to get a camera out with IBIS to be more competitive. This time around I think it's going to be 2 years until the next one. So I think "worst case" will rather be some time in 2022 The X-H2 will come first and be released next year.

JayPhizzt's gear list:JayPhizzt's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z 20mm F1.8 Nikon Z MC 105mm F2.8 VR S
MrSee
MrSee Senior Member • Posts: 2,384

The XT5 might get a better sensor and AF

-- hide signature --

Jim from Ontario Canada
Fuji X-H1
Fuji 18-55 2.8-4

MrSee's gear list:MrSee's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1
okmarzo Regular Member • Posts: 197

I also had an X-T2 and I LOVED that camera but I actually sold that and an X-H1 to get an X-T4. X-T5 isn't going to come out anytime soon, the 4 just came out. I would definitely get the X-T4 because it's an upgrade pretty much in every aspect. IBIS, faster AF, new sensor, and more megapixels. Trust me, you'll love it. They did so much to this (little) bad boy.

okmarzo's gear list:okmarzo's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Sony a7R III Fujifilm X-Pro3 Sony a7R IVA
Clive99 Senior Member • Posts: 1,239

nurseMarty wrote:

Dear KneeConWon:

I have no news.

Just purchased an used XPRO3. Don’t care if there is a new XPro or XT model. There is nothing I need or want (well, IBIS for the XPRO but let’s not go there) on a new body. What it comes down to is does the XT4 have the goods? Maybe there is a new XT5 on the horizon. As suggested on a previous response, not likely, but possible. I could win the lottery. Sorry for being rude. Here is the point. In finance there is the concept of time value of money. A dollar in your hand NOW is more valuable than money in the future. What is the value of waiting for a new model? What is the cost of lost opportunities to capture images? What would the XT5 have that is so valuable you’d postpone making your XT4 purchase now.

Your power is in the now.

Mask on Nurse Marty

Ha, personally, I'd hold out for an XT5 for them to put the older Tilt screen from the XT3 back on:)  That's what the XT5 could have:)

Clive99's gear list:Clive99's gear list
Fujifilm XF10 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye +16 more
okmarzo Regular Member • Posts: 197

Ha, personally, I'd hold out for an XT5 for them to put the older Tilt screen from the XT3 back on:) That's what the XT5 could have:)

So let's say the X-T5 comes out March 2022 and it comes out with the selfie screen again then what? He should enjoy life now instead of waiting for however long just because of a screen. The X-T4 is an awesome camera. No point in waiting, holding off, and finding more excuses, repeat, and so on.

okmarzo's gear list:okmarzo's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Sony a7R III Fujifilm X-Pro3 Sony a7R IVA
vegetaleb

okmarzo wrote:

Ha, personally, I'd hold out for an XT5 for them to put the older Tilt screen from the XT3 back on:) That's what the XT5 could have:)

So let's say the X-T5 comes out March 2022 and it comes out with the selfie screen again then what? He should enjoy life now instead of waiting for however long just because of a screen. The X-T4 is an awesome camera. No point in waiting, holding off, and finding more excuses, repeat, and so on.

October 2021 I bet

And fuji should use tilt screen again or else they wouldn't do the x-he alongside the x-s10 that both have flipout screens

-- hide signature --

For lenses reviews and tutorials about Fuji Raf editing https://fujiandstuff.wordpress.com/

Clive99 Senior Member • Posts: 1,239

okmarzo wrote:

Good deals on XT3's right now. It's perfectly fine, unless you really must have ibis.

Clive99's gear list:Clive99's gear list
Fujifilm XF10 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye +16 more
vegetaleb

Clive99 wrote:

okmarzo wrote:

Good deals on XT3's right now. It's perfectly fine, unless you really must have ibis.

That's what I did, grabbed an x-t3 at special price now and wait for an X-T5 in 2021, ibis is good but not at the expense of extra weight, size and flip out screen.

I hope fujifilm will do things right with the X-T5 by keeping the same size/weight and screen (but in 3.2') as x-t3. They can use the same ibis as the x-s10 which is lighter than the x-t4's one

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads