Fallen

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Tusk24
Tusk24 Senior Member • Posts: 2,921
Fallen

A scene I came upon a few weeks  back while walking through the city.

The people around had called for help..

-- hide signature --

To catch the world in images
To annotate the feast
This quicksilver task remains
Mysterious at least... (Paddy McAloon)

Tusk24's gear list:Tusk24's gear list
Nikon Df Sony RX100 III Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED +13 more
clouseau
clouseau Senior Member • Posts: 1,208
Re: Fallen

Very good photo of a poignant scene where most people use to pass by ignoring the situation. At least Its good to know this young men called for help...

Pierre.

-- hide signature --

"Life is pain....AU CHOCOLAT!"

gavin
gavin Veteran Member • Posts: 7,954

Good shot

-- hide signature --
 gavin's gear list:gavin's gear list
Sony RX100 III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +5 more
Tusk24
OP Tusk24 Senior Member • Posts: 2,921

clouseau wrote:

Very good photo of a poignant scene where most people use to pass by ignoring the situation. At least Its good to know this young men called for help...

Pierre.

Thank  you and yes, in one way, I felt proud of the young people surrounding the man as they endeavoured to get him help. I went looking for a policeman myself but couldn’t find one and by the time I got back to the scene , everybody was gone.

-- hide signature --

To annotate the feast

Nikon Df Sony RX100 III Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED +13 more
SteveS58 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,702

Tusk24 wrote:

A scene I came upon a few weeks back while walking through the city.

Other than the concerning situation that you came upon, so many things to compliment about this image: the low angle that you shot this at, the woman on the right with her nervous fingers to her lips, the graffiti on the wall, the man's unconscious body in coordination with the leading lines of the photo...  I thought of Weegee when I saw this.  I hope he's OK.

Steve

-- hide signature --

Steve Schulman
Steve Schulman Photography

Tusk24

Thank you.

-- hide signature --

To annotate the feast

Tusk24

SteveS58 wrote:

Tusk24 wrote:

Other than the concerning situation that you came upon, so many things to compliment about this image: the low angle that you shot this at, the woman on the right with her nervous fingers to her lips, the graffiti on the wall, the man's unconscious body in coordination with the leading lines of the photo... I thought of Weegee when I saw this. I hope he's OK.

Steve

Thanks for your comments.

I’m not always on this forum but I do recall the name  Weegee on this and other forums on DPR previously and didn’t know he’d been unwell. Like you, I hope he has better days ahead and wish him well.

-- hide signature --

To annotate the feast

Tusk24 wrote:

SteveS58 wrote:

Tusk24 wrote:

Other than the concerning situation that you came upon, so many things to compliment about this image: the low angle that you shot this at, the woman on the right with her nervous fingers to her lips, the graffiti on the wall, the man's unconscious body in coordination with the leading lines of the photo... I thought of Weegee when I saw this. I hope he's OK.

Steve

I’m not always on this forum but I do recall the name Weegee on this and other forums on DPR previously and didn’t know he’d been unwell. Like you, I hope he has better days ahead and wish him well.

Weegee, a storied street photographer known for racing to police calls and shooting the crowds assembled:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weegee

Steve

-- hide signature --

Steve Schulman

Tusk24

Steve

I’m not always on this forum but I do recall the name Weegee on this and other forums on DPR previously and didn’t know he’d been unwell. Like you, I hope he has better days ahead and wish him well.

Weegee, a storied street photographer known for racing to police calls and shooting the crowds assembled:

Steve

Oops! Looks like I was on a different wavelength there completely Steve; I was thinking of a DPR member who has the username Weegee and not the famous press photographer you referenced. I’d heard of that press photographer previously but didn’t know/couldn’t remember his name. Now I do, thanks to your link.

-- hide signature --

To annotate the feast

Tusk24 wrote:

Steve

Steve

Oops! Looks like I was on a different wavelength there completely Steve; I was thinking of a DPR member who has the username Weegee and not the famous press photographer you referenced. I’d heard of that press photographer previously but didn’t know/couldn’t remember his name. Now I do, thanks to your link.

He was a New Yorker, so in my radar😀

Steve

-- hide signature --

Steve Schulman

Don_D
Don_D Forum Pro • Posts: 20,830

Tusk24 wrote:

I like that it tells a story.... it needed your comment that they had called for help instead of just looking.

Poor soul.

-- hide signature --

Don

Don_D's gear list:Don_D's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +3 more
Barry Duggan Photography
Barry Duggan Photography Senior Member • Posts: 1,202

Nice to see a fellow Dublin photographer here.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Barry.
Website - barryduggan.com
Email - barrydduggan@gmail.com
Twitter - @barrydduggan

Barry Duggan Photography's gear list:Barry Duggan Photography's gear list
Sony a7 Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 50mm F1.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +5 more
Tusk24

Thanks for your comments and observations, Don.

In one way, it may be a failing that I have to explain; sometimes a picture should be strong enough  to tell its own tale.

Appreciate the feedback, just the same.

-- hide signature --

To annotate the feast

Tusk24

Barry Duggan Photography wrote:

Nice to see a fellow Dublin photographer here.

Thank you Barry; likewise.

I don't often post on this forum and TBH, haven't been that active on DPR in recent months.

Best.

-- hide signature --

To annotate the feast

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads