Olympus 150-400mm/4.5 TC in Costa Rica

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
Albert Valentino Veteran Member • Posts: 9,170
Re: Olympus 150-400mm/4.5 TC in Costa Rica

Petr Bambousek wrote:

Harold66 wrote:

Hello

The images are superb but there is one question that one has to ask right away . You do not use the native 4.3 ratio for your work ?

If si , I am curious as to why

Harold

Hi, I worked with classic format 3:2 for about 15 years. After my switch to Olympus gear I still see compositions in 3:2. I also set my camera to show just 3:2 format (even 4:3 is recorded to RAW) and the image fill whole LCD which is also in 3:2 format, no numbers and other informations on display are splitted. So, no special reason, I see the world in 3:2 or (many times) in 1:1 ๐Ÿ˜‰โœŒ

I strongly prefer the 3:2 ratio, except for maybe portrait which I almost never do. 3:2 is more dynamic. It is the one thing I miss when I moved over from APs formats but ome can easily crop as desired

lovely set. The third is over the top good!

-- hide signature --

If you don't get older and wiser, than you just get older.

Albert Valentino's gear list:Albert Valentino's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +10 more
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 6,392
perfect...

Petr Bambousek wrote:

Thank you all for replies, I am glad you like those photos. I am a bit busy after my return and unable to reply to all comments. For those who want pixel peer I will never upload full res of my published pictures. BUT I created open folder at Google Drive where you will find few full res pictures:

+ All taken handheld with TC activated 500mm (EQ. 1000 mm)
+ No postprocess at all just converted from RAW to JPG by Capture One 21
+ Noise reduction "0"
+ All taken in totally cloudy environment often during the rain
+ 3 published pictures in 1200 x 1200 pixels crop in real size added
+ please don't widely share without previous notice, for your personal use only

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1N6--OV_6K929AW-XlocKQ1T0E0Isy8A3?usp=sharing

More full res will come with my upcoming lens review as well as many examples of using this lens in field.

The place where basilisk posed to me for its portrait

All the best!
Petr

perfect. a pixel peeper's smorgasbord Petr...thanks so much for your time and help.

-- hide signature --

as always,
thank you fellow DPR members for your kind words and encouragement.

Denjw
Denjw Veteran Member • Posts: 6,781
Re: perfect...

Paul Auclair wrote:

Petr Bambousek wrote:

Thank you all for replies, I am glad you like those photos. I am a bit busy after my return and unable to reply to all comments. For those who want pixel peer I will never upload full res of my published pictures. BUT I created open folder at Google Drive where you will find few full res pictures:

+ Noise reduction "0"

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1N6--OV_6K929AW-XlocKQ1T0E0Isy8A3?usp=sharing

More full res will come with my upcoming lens review as well as many examples of using this lens in field.

All the best!
Petr

perfect. a pixel peeper's smorgasbord Petr...thanks so much for your time and help.

Yep and the above image not only shows how impressive the lens is but also demonstrates Petr's shooting skill to capture the lizard and his processing expertise.

-- hide signature --
 Denjw's gear list:Denjw's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II +17 more
Doxa750 Contributing Member • Posts: 633

First class as always Petr.  Yes, the third one is just incredible....

Cheers

Doxa750's gear list:Doxa750's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M5 III Olympus E-M1 III Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +8 more
jpfotog
jpfotog Regular Member • Posts: 173
Re: How do you get the black background in pic #3?

Hi Petr,

Big fan of your work. Wondering how do you manage to get that black background?  I've been usually able to achieve similar effect when the subject is in dark shade but under a spot of sunlight. Here it seems its evenly illuminated.

Thanks,

Jaideep

-- hide signature --

Jaideep Padhye
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jpfotog
|| Wandering bee gathers honey ||

jpfotog's gear list:jpfotog's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-3 Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus Zuiko Digital 300mm 1:2.8 Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +7 more
Ifixit Regular Member • Posts: 221

Petr Bambousek wrote:

Ifixit wrote:

Petr Bambousek wrote:

addlightness wrote:

#3 is the best IMO. Looking forward to more

One of TOP 3 shots from the whole trip (from my point of view). ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘

It’s a fantastic shot, but my OCD tells me to level the water. Especially on a shot like this where symetry and the mirror image is the subject. Sorry, had to comment๐Ÿ˜‰

You are right, I noticed today morning bad water level. Hope this is better version... ๐Ÿ˜‰

P.

Well, thats perfection๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

-- hide signature --
SiFu
SiFu Veteran Member • Posts: 6,246
now we are talking!

Petr Bambousek wrote:

+ Noise reduction "0"

All the best!
Petr

Hello!

Thank you very much for the large samples! That really helps evaluating this lens' performance!

Best,

Alex

-- hide signature --

carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads