Double the tripod screw holes

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
mostlyboringphotog Veteran Member • Posts: 9,537
Double the tripod screw holes

So, I like to try monopod but I use Blackrapid strap which mounts to the tripod screw hole. Not only it would be inconvenient to swap Blackrapid and monopod, I am sure the camera will get dropped while trying to switch, especially in a hurry.

So looking for a plate with 2 tripod threaded holes and mount on the camera tripod screw hole.

Did some accessory search but no luck.

Thanks for help.

mostlyboringphotog's gear list:mostlyboringphotog's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Pentax 645Z Nikon 1 J5 Fujifilm GFX 50R Canon EOS RP
lehill
lehill Veteran Member • Posts: 5,980
Re: Double the tripod screw holes

mostlyboringphotog wrote:

So, I like to try monopod but I use Blackrapid strap which mounts to the tripod screw hole. Not only it would be inconvenient to swap Blackrapid and monopod, I am sure the camera will get dropped while trying to switch, especially in a hurry.

So looking for a plate with 2 tripod threaded holes and mount on the camera tripod screw hole.

Thanks for help.

BlackRapid makes a safety tether that goes hooks a camera strap lug to the BR carabiner. They also make a bunch of Arca-Swiss quick-release plates for your purpose - but you need something mounted on the monopod to accept an AS plate.

Indigo-Marble makes something simple.

-- hide signature --

Lance H

lehill's gear list:lehill's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony a99 II Sony a7R IV Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +26 more
henryp
henryp Veteran Member • Posts: 7,300

Maybe something like the Manfrotto 430 Long Plate (11") Double Camera Support Platform?

-- hide signature --

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

henryp's gear list:henryp's gear list
Nikon D5000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +1 more
OP mostlyboringphotog Veteran Member • Posts: 9,537

lehill wrote:

Thanks for help.

BlackRapid makes a safety tether that goes hooks a camera strap lug to the BR carabiner. They also make a bunch of Arca-Swiss quick-release plates for your purpose - but you need something mounted on the monopod to accept an AS plate.

Indigo-Marble makes something simple.

Thanks for the safety tether thing; it could have saved my D750 from a drop.

Luckily, I just lost the lock function on PSAM dial. My new D850 is getting two tethers

OP mostlyboringphotog Veteran Member • Posts: 9,537

henryp wrote:

Maybe something like the Manfrotto 430 Long Plate (11") Double Camera Support Platform?

Thanks for the suggestion but what I'm looking for is to attach two tripods to one camera

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads