X100V Winter Photowalks

Started 2 months ago | Photos
Human Elements
Human Elements Contributing Member • Posts: 527
X100V Winter Photowalks

All of these are in Classic Neg and played with in Capture One.

I go down to Lake Michigan almost every day with the X100V. I walk down the same paths each day yet somehow there's always something new to see...The light is different, the wind is doing something, the sky has shifted.

I think what the X100 series is helping me with is learning how to see opportunities somehow. I feel more creative despite the limitations imposed by the fixed lens. That said, I've broken my one-lens fast and picked up the TCL-X100 but I don't use it all that often. Too fiddly to swap it out.

Human Elements's gear list:Human Elements's gear list
Fujifilm X100V
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
surfoxy
surfoxy Regular Member • Posts: 489
Re: X100V Winter Photowalks

Love #1! Gorgeous.

-- hide signature --

Chris

surfoxy's gear list:surfoxy's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +2 more
MrSee
MrSee Senior Member • Posts: 1,717

Nice set

-- hide signature --

Jim from Ontario Canada
Fuji X-H1
Fuji 18-55 2.8-4

MrSee's gear list:MrSee's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1
biza43 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,151

Nice set.

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com
http://blog.paulobizarro.com/

biza43's gear list:biza43's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR +1 more
casey1823 Senior Member • Posts: 1,209

Nice set. I think you're right about the 100v, it does limit you some but the more you use it the more you like. For me, it makes you think more about composition.

I find it's a compliment to my T-3.

Where in Michigan are you located? I'm from the Battle Creek area.

-- hide signature --

Casey

casey1823's gear list:casey1823's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +4 more
Human Elements
OP Human Elements Contributing Member • Posts: 527

Thank you! Golden Hour light is my favorite. Here's one more from that same angle!

Fujifilm X100V
Human Elements

Thanks a lot!

Fujifilm X100V
Human Elements

Much appreciated!

Fujifilm X100V
Human Elements

casey1823 wrote:

Nice set. I think you're right about the 100v, it does limit you some but the more you use it the more you like. For me, it makes you think more about composition.

I find it's a compliment to my T-3.

Where in Michigan are you located? I'm from the Battle Creek area.

Nice, seems like the X100V is a great daily shooter while the X-T3 is best for specialized tasks.

I'm actually in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Opposite side of the Lake 

Fujifilm X100V
jcochran Senior Member • Posts: 1,350

Human Elements

I saw and read your great article on the Fuji X Passion site recently. Very interesting and something I am going to try beginning in January. I purchased the X100V last summer and I was going to start the experiment earlier but I fell and broke my ankle and am just now beginning to walk somewhat normally. I was wondering how the Kastar batteries and small Fuji EF-X20 flash are working out for you. Great photos by the way.

jcochran's gear list:jcochran's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M Canon EOS M3 Canon EOS M5 +20 more
Human Elements

Hey there, glad to hear it! I'm likely going to continue myself as the TCL really interferes with the flow of the compact camera experience.

The Kastar batteries do drain slightly faster. I haven't done extensive testing but the warning you get when using them is accurate. Maybe 20% less juice, hard to say for sure. If they weren't wildly overpriced I'd replace them with standard Fujifilm batteries for a bit more peace of mind on a multi-day shoot. But a stack of off-brands is so cheap it's hard to justify it.

The EF-X20 is interesting...Not gonna lie, I bought it because it's small, functional and stylish. I also tested the Godox TT350f and it's a much better flash unit. It's cheaper, more powerful, can be bounced while mounted, cycles faster, and ties into a mature flash ecosystem. However, I'm someone who only dabbles in flash. I paid more but size is really important to me.

The EF-X20 is also very simple to operate as it has the same dial-based operation as X cameras so I personally feel it's worth it. However, the onboard flash to the X100V has plenty of power for most situations. If you don't need a lot of reach it's great for portrait fill lighting.

Fujifilm X100V
MrSee
MrSee Senior Member • Posts: 1,717

1 is so nice

-- hide signature --

Jim from Ontario Canada
Fuji X-H1
Fuji 18-55 2.8-4

MrSee's gear list:MrSee's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1
ColinV New Member • Posts: 2

Great photos!  I just bought an X100V as my everyday carry camera.  It does make one think/work at photos.

Snapshot from yesterday while doing a late day dog walk.

ColinV's gear list:ColinV's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +1 more
Human Elements

Nice to see another X100V user here; there are quite a few of us who love having a compact with a top-shelf sensor.  I'm digging the blue tones in that shot; did you use Color Chrome: Blue?

Fujifilm X100V
ColinV New Member • Posts: 2

Human Elements wrote:

Nice to see another X100V user here; there are quite a few of us who love having a compact with a top-shelf sensor. I'm digging the blue tones in that shot; did you use Color Chrome: Blue?

No, have not really played much with settings, just my normal LR Auto Tone and sharpening.  I literally got it Tuesday. 

Here is the in-camera JPEG using the Velvia preset.  That is what I used to love shooting in MF.  Note the big difference in contrast, which I would expect.

ColinV's gear list:ColinV's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +1 more
double00
double00 Regular Member • Posts: 219

#1 very nice - the new lens on the 100V seems to be a great improvement.

double00's gear list:double00's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Leica CL
Human Elements

It's a real wonder. Next to no haze at f/2 and just as good if not better stopped down than my old XF 23mm f/2.

Fujifilm X100V
Human Elements

I love how much you can accomplish in-camera but the Lightroom edit is an improvement. Astia and Classic Neg are my personal favorite profiles to use with the X100V.

Fujifilm X100V
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads