Easy Print Fulfillment for Headshot Clients

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
DVideo Junior Member • Posts: 31
Easy Print Fulfillment for Headshot Clients

Have a client who wants 30 people taken for headshots.

I'm not interested in coming up with packages, pricing, ordering, re-orders, paying tax, etc. I don't want a subscription and a photographer web page, etc.

Is there a service I can just upload their photos and they can pick whatever prints they want? They would pay the tax.

Obviously I want the quality of the photo to be very good.

Thanks! Hard to Google that.

Charles2
Charles2 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,463
Re: Easy Print Fulfillment for Headshot Clients

Look at sites that host photography like Flickr and Zenfolio. Some of them offer the service you want. But only you can decide whether the print quality is good.

DenverSteve Contributing Member • Posts: 563

The easy answer is to charge them a flat rate and hand them a SD card and a release for the images. They can have them printed anywhere they like.  If they want you to do it, you can send them thumbnails via email and they can select from the 60, or so, images and you can use your normal print service for the images.

-- hide signature --

It's just my educated opinion. Don't get bent out of shape.
Steve

DenverSteve's gear list:DenverSteve's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony RX10 IV Sony a7R II Sony a6500 Sony a7R IV +8 more
MOD Biggs23 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,921

DVideo wrote:

Have a client who wants 30 people taken for headshots.

I'm not interested in coming up with packages, pricing, ordering, re-orders, paying tax, etc. I don't want a subscription and a photographer web page, etc.

Is there a service I can just upload their photos and they can pick whatever prints they want? They would pay the tax.

Obviously I want the quality of the photo to be very good.

Thanks! Hard to Google that.

Laws will vary by location, so my comments may or may not apply to you. However, in most states in the US, you are obligated to collect sales taxes on the services you are charging for. So you may need to be doing some of that regardless of where/how they purchase prints.

-- hide signature --

Any opinions I express are my own and do not represent DPReview. I'm just a regular poster unless explicitly stated otherwise in the body of the post.
https://500px.com/biggs23

Biggs23's gear list:Biggs23's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D5 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
Donald B
Donald B Forum Pro • Posts: 18,065

its easy, do what ive been doing for 13 years. stream live to a 24 inc uhd monitor via hdmi and let the client select the image they want while your shooting them. record the file number go home and process the images and deliver. Photographers are not very constructive ive noticed.

Don

-- hide signature --

Olympus EM1mk2, Sony A7r2
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/9412035244
past toys. k100d, k10d,k7,fz5,fz150,500uz,canon G9, Olympus xz1 em5mk1 em5mk2

OP DVideo Junior Member • Posts: 31

Thanks. That's what I normally do. In this case the client wanted me to post them on a print fulfillment site where they could order directly.

Exactly. That is one of the dilemmas I realized. I couldn't think of a site where I could upload them and they could just order prints. Someone has to own that account.

I know, I know... it's called Google Drive or Dropbox, but they wanted it to be like on a SmugMug or something.

Thanks. I can stream to my iPad and I'll probably do that, put it on a table socially distanced and they can pick out which one they want.

I still think I am just going to deliver them digital files though and let them do the print fulfillment on their own.

I'm one of those guys that wants to get paid regardless without hearing how expensive the prints are or them bad mouthing me for fees. Just a flat fee kind of person. I like it when I know the price I pay for stuff and there are no surprises.

Thanks all.

Donald B
Donald B Forum Pro • Posts: 18,065

DVideo wrote:

Thanks. I can stream to my iPad and I'll probably do that, put it on a table socially distanced and they can pick out which one they want.

I still think I am just going to deliver them digital files though and let them do the print fulfillment on their own.

I'm one of those guys that wants to get paid regardless without hearing how expensive the prints are or them bad mouthing me for fees. Just a flat fee kind of person. I like it when I know the price I pay for stuff and there are no surprises.

Thanks all.

I dont mount the images, I print them myself so i can control the print quality. I just print them at 5x7 or 8x12 and place them in a folder and let them mount them. They pay before i take a single image

-- hide signature --

Olympus EM1mk2, Sony A7r2
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/9412035244
past toys. k100d, k10d,k7,fz5,fz150,500uz,canon G9, Olympus xz1 em5mk1 em5mk2

sybersitizen Forum Pro • Posts: 19,054

DVideo wrote:

If you have a Google account, you can set up a 'private' photo album with Google Photos and put whatever photos you want into it. You can specify that the files retain the full original image quality. You can then share the link to that album with any number of clients so they can access it. They do not need Google accounts for that. They can download any or all of the photos and do whatever they want with them. There is no way to have the photos printed directly from the site, though.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads