Any ideas: Broken Tamron G2 150-600

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Callicious
Callicious New Member • Posts: 4
Any ideas: Broken Tamron G2 150-600

Heyo' Folks. I've ran into quite a fantastic example of spontaneous failure...

Was birding, camera registered an ERR (i.e. the standard "No Lens Attached" error); a quick release of the shutter fixed this.

Flash forward around 30 minutes of successful shooting and the top video occurs... the VC is now jumping around like Scarface after a good snort.

Now home, uploading the video for an RMA to the supplier of the lens, and this happens. Interestingly the VC/AF is turned off and the lens is jiving around of its own accord...

Has anyone here had any experience with this? Is this something a store might find reparable or is this lens truly and wholly bust?

(Just to note, the lens has never been dropped, gotten (significantly... it's had a few droplets of drizzle) wet, subject to dust, or anything else. It's otherwise "Like New" and only a few weeks out of its 2-week return window)

-- hide signature --

This is my signature. It is a nice signature. It just wasted your time!

Callicious's gear list:Callicious's gear list
Nikon D3100 Nikon D5300 Nikon D780 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC +5 more
Nikon D780 Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads