Anyone use the SpiderLight Holster to carry their Fuji cam?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
SpeedyNeo
SpeedyNeo Contributing Member • Posts: 947
Anyone use the SpiderLight Holster to carry their Fuji cam?

...if so, kindly please report on portability and/or practicality of this carrying solution. I am considering it for normal walking, events, not for hiking or running.

Talking about the holster that fits on a men's belt as shown below:

Thanks in advance

-- hide signature --

Fujifilm X-T3 | XF16mmF1.4 | XF35mmF1.4 | XF90mmF2 | Fujifilm X100V | Fujifilm FinePix XP140

SpeedyNeo's gear list:SpeedyNeo's gear list
Fujifilm XP130 Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +1 more
boogisha
boogisha Senior Member • Posts: 2,165
Re: Anyone use the SpiderLight Holster to carry their Fuji cam? Peak Design Pro Pad + Capture clip

Not sure about that Spider one, but I have something similar attached to my belt almost permanently, namely Peak Design`s Pro Pad + Capture clip:

Combined with their Arca-compatible camera plate permanently attached to the bottom of my X-T3 (seen attached to the bottom of the camera in the image above, too), I find this a very convenient solution for situations where I need both of my hands free for a (more or less) short while.

Having another capture clip on my sling bag, I can attach the camera there as well, plus I can put it on tripod, too.

boogisha's gear list:boogisha's gear list
Canon PowerShot A75 Canon ELPH 300 HS Canon PowerShot S120 Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +12 more
SpeedyNeo
OP SpeedyNeo Contributing Member • Posts: 947
Re: Anyone use the SpiderLight Holster to carry their Fuji cam? Peak Design Pro Pad + Capture clip

Thanks boogisha, that was very helpful.

-- hide signature --

Fujifilm X-T3 | XF16mmF1.4 | XF35mmF1.4 | XF90mmF2 | Fujifilm X100V | Fujifilm FinePix XP140

Fujifilm XP130 Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +1 more
Erik Baumgartner Senior Member • Posts: 3,219
Re: Anyone use the SpiderLight Holster to carry their Fuji cam?

My plate is a bit different (no integral Arca plate), but it works very well (much better on your right side) and is very solid and secure. Even unlocked, your camera is very secure as long as it’s hanging at your side and can be deployed easily in a split second. I used to use it with a second body on a sling, but I haven’t been doing much of that recently. Good product, though - it seems a lot more solid and easier to use than the PD clamp (with larger cameras/lenses anyway).

Erik Baumgartner's gear list:Erik Baumgartner's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +2 more
SpeedyNeo
OP SpeedyNeo Contributing Member • Posts: 947
Re: Anyone use the SpiderLight Holster to carry their Fuji cam?

Thank you Erik.

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads