Shoulder bag recommendation for 2 x bodies and 2 x lenses (attached)

Started 4 months ago | Questions
davidevans1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,832
Shoulder bag recommendation for 2 x bodies and 2 x lenses (attached)

I asked this question on the accessories forum initially, but think I will have a better chance of a knowledgeable reply here.

Any recommendations please for a shoulder bag that will fit 2 x Sony A7 series bodies each with a lens similar size to the Sony 24-70 f/2.8 GM lens attached? Both cameras also with tripod L brackets fitted.

Must be with the lenses attached and ideally with the lens hoods attached also, but I'm fine if these are fitted reversed on the lenses.

That’s it, doesn’t have to carry much else except a few small accessories.

Finally I’m in the UK so ideally a bag that’s available here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-- hide signature --

David

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
mujana Veteran Member • Posts: 7,366
Re: Shoulder bag recommendation for 2 x bodies and 2 x lenses (attached)

davidevans1 wrote:

I asked this question on the accessories forum initially, but think I will have a better chance of a knowledgeable reply here.

Any recommendations please for a shoulder bag that will fit 2 x Sony A7 series bodies each with a lens similar size to the Sony 24-70 f/2.8 GM lens attached? Both cameras also with tripod L brackets fitted.

Must be with the lenses attached and ideally with the lens hoods attached also, but I'm fine if these are fitted reversed on the lenses.

That’s it, doesn’t have to carry much else except a few small accessories.

Finally I’m in the UK so ideally a bag that’s available here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

As I just said in the accessories forum:

I love my Billingham shoulder bag. You might take a look at their collection. And...British.

 mujana's gear list:mujana's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony a7R IV Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 +6 more
OP davidevans1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,832
Re: Shoulder bag recommendation for 2 x bodies and 2 x lenses (attached)

mujana wrote:

davidevans1 wrote:

I asked this question on the accessories forum initially, but think I will have a better chance of a knowledgeable reply here.

Any recommendations please for a shoulder bag that will fit 2 x Sony A7 series bodies each with a lens similar size to the Sony 24-70 f/2.8 GM lens attached? Both cameras also with tripod L brackets fitted.

Must be with the lenses attached and ideally with the lens hoods attached also, but I'm fine if these are fitted reversed on the lenses.

That’s it, doesn’t have to carry much else except a few small accessories.

Finally I’m in the UK so ideally a bag that’s available here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

As I just said in the accessories forum:

I love my Billingham shoulder bag. You might take a look at their collection. And...British.

Mujana, thank you and a Billingham bag would definitely be an option. Do you have two camera bodies and lenses and carry with two lenses attached, or is it a general suggestion for the Billingham range? Does anyone know if the Hadley Pro would fit 2 x bodies with 24-70 F/2.8 lens size fitted?

-- hide signature --

David

noggin2k1
noggin2k1 Senior Member • Posts: 2,741
Re: Shoulder bag recommendation for 2 x bodies and 2 x lenses (attached)
1

I use the Peak Design Everyday Sling 6L - that gets me either;

  • 1 body w/fast prime attached + 24-70/2.8
  • 2x 24-70/2.8 sized lenses + flash

I'd have thought their 10L version would be a great fit for what you're after. Lots of really nice features to the bag, and really well made - definitely recommended my end.

 noggin2k1's gear list:noggin2k1's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 35mm F1.4L II USM Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM Canon RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM +3 more
Mike Evangelist
Mike Evangelist Contributing Member • Posts: 601
Re: Shoulder bag recommendation for 2 x bodies and 2 x lenses (attached)
1

davidevans1 wrote:

...a shoulder bag that will fit 2 x Sony A7 series bodies each with a lens similar size to the Sony 24-70 f/2.8 GM lens attached? Both cameras also with tripod L brackets fitted.

I use a Peak Design 10L Sling for that setup (2 bodies, 12-24 GM & 12-24 Sigma). Works very well.

 Mike Evangelist's gear list:Mike Evangelist's gear list
Sony a7R IV Zeiss Batis 135mm F2.8 Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 Samyang AF 18mm F2.8 FE Sigma 24-70 F2.8 DG DN +1 more
OP davidevans1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,832
Re: Shoulder bag recommendation for 2 x bodies and 2 x lenses (attached)

noggin2k1 wrote:

I use the Peak Design Everyday Sling 6L - that gets me either;

  • 1 body w/fast prime attached + 24-70/2.8
  • 2x 24-70/2.8 sized lenses + flash

I'd have thought their 10L version would be a great fit for what you're after. Lots of really nice features to the bag, and really well made - definitely recommended my end.

Thank you that's great.

-- hide signature --

David

OP davidevans1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,832
Re: Shoulder bag recommendation for 2 x bodies and 2 x lenses (attached)
1

Mike Evangelist wrote:

davidevans1 wrote:

...a shoulder bag that will fit 2 x Sony A7 series bodies each with a lens similar size to the Sony 24-70 f/2.8 GM lens attached? Both cameras also with tripod L brackets fitted.

I use a Peak Design 10L Sling for that setup (2 bodies, 12-24 GM & 12-24 Sigma). Works very well.

Hi Mike (and Noggin2k1) thank you and especially for the photographs. I'm being a bit stupid as I have the 10k Peak Design bag and use it with one body and lens attached lying horizontal lengthways and one lens vertical. I'd assumed I wouldn't fit two bodies and lenses attached, but obviously got that wrong! I have a second body on order so that should save shelling out for another bag.

Mike - that's the Mark 1 10l bag isn't it? It looks like the one I have which is also a Mark 1 version.

incidentally I also requested the free Peak Design Sling Strap Lock Kit (SSL-KIT-1) to stop the shoulder strap accidentally undoing.

-- hide signature --

David

Mike Evangelist
Mike Evangelist Contributing Member • Posts: 601
Re: Shoulder bag recommendation for 2 x bodies and 2 x lenses (attached)
1

davidevans1 wrote:

Mike - that's the Mark 1 10l bag isn't it? It looks like the one I have which is also a Mark 1 version.

Yes, it's a Mark 1, which I prefer in the 10L size. (I also have a 6L Mark II).

incidentally I also requested the free Peak Design Sling Strap Lock Kit (SSL-KIT-1) to stop the shoulder strap accidentally undoing.

I haven't had much trouble with it slipping, but I should probably get those anyway, just in case.

 Mike Evangelist's gear list:Mike Evangelist's gear list
Sony a7R IV Zeiss Batis 135mm F2.8 Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 Samyang AF 18mm F2.8 FE Sigma 24-70 F2.8 DG DN +1 more
mujana Veteran Member • Posts: 7,366
Re: Shoulder bag recommendation for 2 x bodies and 2 x lenses (attached)
1

davidevans1 wrote:

mujana wrote:

davidevans1 wrote:

I asked this question on the accessories forum initially, but think I will have a better chance of a knowledgeable reply here.

Any recommendations please for a shoulder bag that will fit 2 x Sony A7 series bodies each with a lens similar size to the Sony 24-70 f/2.8 GM lens attached? Both cameras also with tripod L brackets fitted.

Must be with the lenses attached and ideally with the lens hoods attached also, but I'm fine if these are fitted reversed on the lenses.

That’s it, doesn’t have to carry much else except a few small accessories.

Finally I’m in the UK so ideally a bag that’s available here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

As I just said in the accessories forum:

I love my Billingham shoulder bag. You might take a look at their collection. And...British.

Mujana, thank you and a Billingham bag would definitely be an option. Do you have two camera bodies and lenses and carry with two lenses attached, or is it a general suggestion for the Billingham range? Does anyone know if the Hadley Pro would fit 2 x bodies with 24-70 F/2.8 lens size fitted?

Hello David. First of all it’s a recommendation for Billingham bags in general. Sturdy / very good protection and comfortable. I do not own the same equipment as you want to put in a shoulder bag. In my equipment list you can see my photo gear. Everything fits nicely in my Billingham. If you buy one, I definitely also recommend the shoulder pad from Billingham.

 mujana's gear list:mujana's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony a7R IV Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads