Fuji X-T3 on DJI Drones

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Dr88man Regular Member • Posts: 194
Fuji X-T3 on DJI Drones

Fuji announced a year ago, that it was working with DJI to control an X-T3. What has become of it? Zippo!

https://dronedj.com/2019/11/13/fujifilm-fuji-x-t3-camera-dji-drones/

Anyone using their X-T3 on a drone?

Any information as to how to control the X-T3 from a drone?

Thanks!

Dr88man's gear list:Dr88man's gear list
Nikon D810 Canon EOS 5DS R Nikon Z7 Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
DanLbk Regular Member • Posts: 261
Re: Fuji X-T3 on DJI Drones

This is so exciting as I've been meaning to get into drone photography and I was wondering if Fuji cameras could be installed on drones.

-- hide signature --

Daniel
X-T2 enthusiast

DanLbk's gear list:DanLbk's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 12mm F2.0 NCS CS
rla1022 Regular Member • Posts: 375

Dr88man wrote:

Fuji announced a year ago, that it was working with DJI to control an X-T3. What has become of it? Zippo!

Thanks!

Really brave, I guess that’s what insurance is for, but brave none the less. I can’t even control my 200$ drone.

rla1022's gear list:rla1022's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR
NottsPhoto Senior Member • Posts: 1,745

Dr88man wrote:

Thanks!

Errrr... they did launch the upgrade and the xt3 is now fully controllable by the relevant DJI gimbals... in particular the new ronin s and sc... and I suspect this functionality extends to the bigger ronins which are used on the Matrix drones dji produce for proper filmmakers.

you do realise that to lift the xt3 and a lens, your gonna need something a bit bigger than a Phantom or inspire??

ps,  if you want to know how to do that,   You spend 15 grand on a matrix kit,  plus a compatible gimbal,  then use the new wireless link on the gimbal with a second operator to run the camera while the pilot flies the machine...

-- hide signature --

www.pageonephotography.co.uk
Striving hard to be the man that my dog thinks I am.

NottsPhoto's gear list:NottsPhoto's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +5 more
OP Dr88man Regular Member • Posts: 194

Thanks everyone for the input. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to go through the DIY route, but $15k is laughable! I have a Tarrot 680 Pro Hexcopter that I can put together with a DJI A2 Controller. I can use longer carbon fiber rods to make a S900 like drone to use 15in props, may be enough for an X-T3 and 10-24/4 lens. I may need a beefier 3-axis gimbal.

I just need to know what the WiFi range is for the Fuji Camera Remote App? I’d be happy with just 100ft high shots.

I wonder if there is a way to tether 100-300ft?

Nikon D810 Canon EOS 5DS R Nikon Z7 Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
boogisha
boogisha Senior Member • Posts: 2,165
Re: Fuji X-T3 on DJI Drones - Fuji Camera Remote app

Dr88man wrote:

I just need to know what the WiFi range is for the Fuji Camera Remote App? I’d be happy with just 100ft high shots.

I`m not sure if the app would suffice here - not because of the range itself, but because of being pretty non-trustworthy and unstable.

Even when you`re close to the camera it can lose connection for no apparent reason, worse, later refusing to reconnect until you close/open/restart everything - app, bluetooth and/or wireless, camera... sometimes even the phone as well.

That said, I do use it, fighting it here and there, sometimes getting pretty frustrated, but it is what it is... for now. It mostly works (well, eventually), but user experience is far from slick.

boogisha's gear list:boogisha's gear list
Canon PowerShot A75 Canon ELPH 300 HS Canon PowerShot S120 Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +12 more
OP Dr88man Regular Member • Posts: 194
Re: Fuji X-T3 on DJI Drones - Fuji Camera Remote app

boogisha wrote:

Dr88man wrote:

I`m not sure if the app would suffice here - not because of the range itself, but because of being pretty non-trustworthy and unstable.

Even when you`re close to the camera it can lose connection for no apparent reason, worse, later refusing to reconnect until you close/open/restart everything - app, bluetooth and/or wireless, camera... sometimes even the phone as well.

That said, I do use it, fighting it here and there, sometimes getting pretty frustrated, but it is what it is... for now. It mostly works (well, eventually), but user experience is far from slick.

Wow! Thanks for the useful information! I wish there was a USB plug-in to control the cameras functions that used WiFi transmitter up to the legal limit of 400ft. It’s a good thing that I fly planes, but it gets dicey around sunset and blue-hour.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads