"layers" (50-200)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Polybazze
Polybazze Contributing Member • Posts: 696
"layers" (50-200)

I'm totally out of my comfort zone with this lens. Bought it to shoot sports (my son is a swimmer) primarily but shot a series that show the different layers of old and new around my hoods. What do you think? Basically my first shots using this lens.

-- hide signature --
 Polybazze's gear list:Polybazze's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
Dockit Regular Member • Posts: 175
Re: "layers" (50-200)

Nice. Not shots I’d think of to take. Well done!

Coldpaw Regular Member • Posts: 188

I've started using longer focal lengths for my photography a while back, lenses which are usually ment for portrait, event, sport or even some light wildlife photography - I think they can be pretty interesting for nature, landscape and architecture too, because they'll allow me to see out of my usual comfort zone.

I really like your second and third photos, the layering looks great, at first glance it almost looked like the ground has been cut away in a 2d scene.

mtnroads Regular Member • Posts: 110

Love the geometrics in the first shot - sharp and awesome colors!

mtnroads's gear list:mtnroads's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Olympus E-M1 II Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +6 more
a_c_skinner Forum Pro • Posts: 10,587

I like 1 & 3, not 2 as much.  Nice images.

-- hide signature --

Andrew Skinner

a_c_skinner's gear list:a_c_skinner's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +5 more
RDoe
RDoe Regular Member • Posts: 371

Polybazze wrote:

I'm totally out of my comfort zone with this lens. Bought it to shoot sports (my son is a swimmer) primarily but shot a series that show the different layers of old and new around my hoods. What do you think? Basically my first shots using this lens.

Really nice! I like no.2 the best. Maybe even compress it even more by zooming into the main office building, seems modern (glas, steel) to offset against the stone structure in the foreground? Just an idea!

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads