My New Big Bad Boy Showed Up

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
ProDude Senior Member • Posts: 2,118
My New Big Bad Boy Showed Up

Thank you Joel over at Cameraland NY for having them in stock and sending me one overnight. Now I need to get down to the river and see if I can capture some Geese or Ducks doing their thing and see how this bad boy does. Should make this R5 sing:-)

-- hide signature --

Name the gear and I've probably owned it and used it.

ProDude's gear list:ProDude's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Art Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM +17 more
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
JConrad Regular Member • Posts: 219
Re: My New Big Bad Boy Showed Up

Ever going to tell us what you actually got, or are we supposed to know exactly what the "Big Bad Boy" is?

JConrad's gear list:JConrad's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R6 Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C +8 more
davidwien Forum Member • Posts: 82

I think it's the RF100-500 mm.

David

davidwien's gear list:davidwien's gear list
Sony RX100 VA Canon EOS RP Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +4 more
OP ProDude Senior Member • Posts: 2,118

Here ya go. I also ordered a Sigma 14-24 f2.8 DG HSM Art lens for my Real Estate jobs. Should transform what I've experienced before, can't wait.

-- hide signature --

Canon EOS R5 Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Art Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM +17 more
peterpet Regular Member • Posts: 290

ProDude wrote:

Here ya go. I also ordered a Sigma 14-24 f2.8 DG HSM Art lens for my Real Estate jobs. Should transform what I've experienced before, can't wait.

Oh my...

Congratulation Pro Dude..

Really happy to see you happy..
Please share some shoot with that boy, will ya?

Have a great day wit the new bad boy..
Peter

peterpet's gear list:peterpet's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM

peterpet wrote:

ProDude wrote:

Oh my...

Congratulation Pro Dude..

Really happy to see you happy..
Please share some shoot with that boy, will ya?

Have a great day wit the new bad boy..
Peter

I'm hoping in the next 2 days to get some shooting time down by the Snake River. Where we have a LOT of geese and ducks milling around this time of year especially. It should give me a good opportunity to road test the 1.4x teleconverter as well. I'm hoping for the best results needless to say. My messing around on several shots I took outside my home already revealed it's significant sharpness so I'm not doubting it will do the job. I will indeed post anything worthwhile in the next few days if I get lucky.

-- hide signature --

Georgeee
Georgeee Contributing Member • Posts: 654

Nice.

I would like to hear you experience with the lens + 1.4x. How is the auto focus and tracking. I current have 5DIV + EF 100-400 with 1.4x which is fine (f8 at the long end). I am thinking of just using the 100-500 because the 1.4x will make it darker (f10 ish) at the long end. R5 with  100-500m is comparable to 5dIV with 100-400 + 1.4x in range for the same megapixel of image.

Georgeee's gear list:Georgeee's gear list
Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +8 more
btango05 Junior Member • Posts: 36
Me too!

my bbb showed up today too. got it directly from Canon, they know how to pack!

btango05's gear list:btango05's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 28-70mm F2L USM Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro +5 more

Georgeee wrote:

Nice.

I would like to hear you experience with the lens + 1.4x. How is the auto focus and tracking. I current have 5DIV + EF 100-400 with 1.4x which is fine (f8 at the long end). I am thinking of just using the 100-500 because the 1.4x will make it darker (f10 ish) at the long end. R5 with 100-500m is comparable to 5dIV with 100-400 + 1.4x in range for the same megapixel of image.

I plan on road testing it with some ducks and geese I hope tomorrow. Worst case Thursday or Friday and I hope to have some worthy of posting to give ya'll an idea what it looks like. I'm pretty stoked

-- hide signature --

Re: Me too!

btango05 wrote:

my bbb showed up today too. got it directly from Canon, they know how to pack!

WOW that is one professional pack if I do say so. So nice and evenly distributed unlike the typical store where they use multiple pieces all around instead of custom fit like that........NICE!

-- hide signature --

johncal Regular Member • Posts: 422
Re: Me too!

Congrats on the lens ProDude. it will be fun to see what kind of relationship you form with that lens. Once you learn the sweet spotsĀ 

johncal's gear list:johncal's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS R Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Tamron 28-300mm F3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD +6 more
1Dx4me Forum Pro • Posts: 10,419

but the real taste is in the pudding

-- hide signature --

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!

Indeed the results have to do all the speaking. Emotion wise it was like taking me back to my 4mp days with my original 1D and bevy of L lenses I acquired at that time. And how amazingly sharp and well built they were. Now I'm once again putting together that type of system and so far it's been an amazing experience. Soon I'll be back at it with some high end home shooting for Real Estate agencies and hopefully even some family portrait jobs. But indeed landscapes and wildlife is my real passions. Hopefully Friday I should get some time to give that 100-500 a go to see some real results. Tomorrow I'm receiving the 14-24 f2.8 DG HSM Art Sigma for the real estate work and I'll be testing that out to make sure it will do the job for me on the inside of homes. However needless to say I'll be messing with it for some wide landscape views of which there are many where I live. It's only too bad we're heading into real winter. Not my favorite time to shoot.

-- hide signature --

L_Speed87 New Member • Posts: 8

You guys are making me jealous.  I've been waiting on my order with B&H for over a month.  While most places show it in stock, B&H just doesn't seem to be able to get large enough shipments to fulfill their order obligations.  Even worse, they can't even give me a date on when they'll have it.

I'd be tempted to cancel, since Amazon currently has it in stock, but since i'm using a store credit to pay for a large portion of the lens cost, my hands are kind of tied.

I'll just go sit in the corner and drool over your posts on how good this thing is.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads