Redmi Note 8 PRO contrast and sharpness

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
Rawfa New Member • Posts: 2
Redmi Note 8 PRO contrast and sharpness

Hi guys,

I've recently changed my MI A2 for a Note 8 Pro. On the MI A2's stock camera you could change contrast, saturation and sharpness, but this cannot be done on the Note 8 PRO's stock camera. I find the Note 8 Pro's photos too contrasted and sharpened for my taste. On the Mi A2 I shoot sort of a neutral look and then work the photos on Snapseed. Any thoughts?

elefteriadis alexandros Regular Member • Posts: 109
Re: Redmi Note 8 PRO contrast and sharpness

Rawfa wrote:

Hi guys,

I've recently changed my MI A2 for a Note 8 Pro. On the MI A2's stock camera you could change contrast, saturation and sharpness, but this cannot be done on the Note 8 PRO's stock camera. I find the Note 8 Pro's photos too contrasted and sharpened for my taste. On the Mi A2 I shoot sort of a neutral look and then work the photos on Snapseed. Any thoughts?

I agree. I have also Note 8 pro and the same time i use iphone 7 and xiaomi have far superior sensor but their camera app is very limited. I try with not success to install gcam and many other apps. I end up with this solution:

Just install "open camera" which is open source software and enable from menu "camera2 API" and then disable all algorithm sharpening and noise redaction. Now the image is like you shoot in raw! excellent sharpness and not like water colour effect.
Here is the page for all settings: https://opencamera.sourceforge.io/help.html#settings

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads