A4/A3 Printer with vacuum for paper?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
jk47 New Member • Posts: 21
A4/A3 Printer with vacuum for paper?

Hi, can anyone recommend an A4 or A3 printer with vacuum to hold paper down?

Ideally similar or better output quality to the Canon IP8750.

Trying to limit the head strikes!

Ideally £500 or less, I know the Canon PRO-1000 does but no within budget.

Thanks,

J

Ken60 Senior Member • Posts: 2,481
Re: A4/A3 Printer with vacuum for paper?

Jk. I think you will find a tough choice here.   Make sure you don't try to save today and be stung tomorrow.  I am not suggesting the Pro 1000 should be your choice but suggesting a closer look beyond A3 is always worth consideration.

The sophistication of the larger printers is obvious , but what is often missed is the regular cost of replacing inks.  The A3 size printers have tiny cartridges and will run out quickly, they however cost much more per ml for ink.   So my comment on save today , but spend later refers to the constant high cost of ink.

-- hide signature --

Gear ... what I need to get the job done , after all you don't see mechanics listing their brand of spanner as a qualification .

OP jk47 New Member • Posts: 21

Ken60 wrote:

Jk. I think you will find a tough choice here. Make sure you don't try to save today and be stung tomorrow. I am not suggesting the Pro 1000 should be your choice but suggesting a closer look beyond A3 is always worth consideration.

The sophistication of the larger printers is obvious , but what is often missed is the regular cost of replacing inks. The A3 size printers have tiny cartridges and will run out quickly, they however cost much more per ml for ink. So my comment on save today , but spend later refers to the constant high cost of ink.

I do have a 24" roll printer but I am that busy at the moment looking at having a printer for A1/A2 another for A3 and another for A4 so I can print simultaneously.

I do agree changing inks is annoying! Though I think I will have to put up with that.

Looking around, it can't find anything so might just get a second 8750 :/

Ken60 Senior Member • Posts: 2,481

So print the A4s on a layout in A2 and cut them on a trimmer, saves another ink set and dearer inks.

-- hide signature --

Gear ... what I need to get the job done , after all you don't see mechanics listing their brand of spanner as a qualification .

OP jk47 New Member • Posts: 21

Ken60 wrote:

So print the A4s on a layout in A2 and cut them on a trimmer, saves another ink set and dearer inks.

It's an option, I just find trimming takes me a while so can't imagine how long it would take to trim 50+ A4 a day.

I'll run some tests and time myself 

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads