Question for X100Vusers

Started 2 months ago | Questions
ISQ1993
ISQ1993 Regular Member • Posts: 282
Question for X100Vusers

For those X100V users who previously owned the X100F,  what would you say are the most noticeable differences (good and bad) you’ve experienced in day to day usage?

I have the X100F and it has a couple of issues. Rather than fix it am wondering whether I might be better served by purchasing the X100V. I can read about specs online and am well familiar with these, so I’m looking for personal perspectives.

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Instagram: isaac.a.q
Personal site: isaacqureshi.com

ISQ1993's gear list:ISQ1993's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100F Leica X1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Keithpictures
Keithpictures Contributing Member • Posts: 821
Re: coming from the F

It feels a bit different in the hand, actually slightly less comfortable IMO. The sharper lines have taken some getting used to, surprisingly. I favor how the F feels. But this isn’t a big deal.

The tilt-screen is great. I hold it naturally low and use this often.

I miss the D pad a little, mainly to switch Drive mode (to video, actually). Drive mode is now a button near the EVF, which isn’t convenient at all. Fewer Fn buttons hurts a bit. Not so bad.

I feel more confident with the weather sealing (and lens filter).

The new lens produces sharper images for me, which I really value. AF feels a bit snappier. Overall IQ seems better with updated tech overall.

I love (PD) usb-c charging the V.

Keithpictures's gear list:Keithpictures's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Leica C-Lux Apple iPhone 11 Pro
brokenhat
brokenhat Regular Member • Posts: 449
Re: Question for X100Vusers

In no order:

new lens, tilt screen, weather sealing, better looks, newest processor, ISO dial, viewfinder.  A lot of improvements in one upgrade, most ever I would say  .

-- hide signature --

Matt

brokenhat's gear list:brokenhat's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F2.8
Robmas4229
Robmas4229 Contributing Member • Posts: 860

I've owned the T, the F and now the V. I was mostly satisfied with the X100F and wasn't planning to upgrade until they announced the new features which checked all my boxes.

Worthy upgrades for me and in no particular order:

WR*, tilting LCD, better EVF, the updated lens, updated ISO dial, Q button placement and a place to plant my thumb without accidentally pressing any buttons.

*With addition of adapter/filter, no problem as I was using one anyway.

Robmas4229's gear list:Robmas4229's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +6 more
redisred Forum Member • Posts: 77

For me the lens was the selling point, and it hasn't disappointed. To me, that was the weakness of the X100F. I've been surprised at how often I use the flip screen. Touch screen is equal parts helpful and annoying. I think the viewfinder is noticeably better, much clearer. I LOVE the way it looks too, I think it's the most gorgeous  X100 ever. AF is quite a bit better at night.

redisred's gear list:redisred's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM
biza43 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,151

Tilt screen.

Improved lens.

Faster overall.

Feels more robust.

4 stop ND filter.

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com
http://blog.paulobizarro.com/

biza43's gear list:biza43's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR +1 more
plainwhite
plainwhite Regular Member • Posts: 336

The sharper lens is certainly worth the upgrade if you like to shoot at f2 all the time.

The peace of mind of the weather sealing is also a plus.

If you don't care about either of those, then it's not worth the upgrade.

plainwhite's gear list:plainwhite's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Nikon D700 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art
ISQ1993
OP ISQ1993 Regular Member • Posts: 282

Thanks all - I went to check out the V yesterday in the flesh and just pulled the trigger to buy one. V excited. Will be posting a review on here in due course!

-- hide signature --

Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
ISQ1993

Only thing I’m not sure of is what to do with the X100F. Resale value won’t be high, due to, the speakers not working, the mode selector switch not working and missing the filter adapter ring....do I just keep it as a backup or try and recoup something for it?!

-- hide signature --

KneeConWon Contributing Member • Posts: 803

ISQ1993 wrote:

Only thing I’m not sure of is what to do with the X100F. Resale value won’t be high, due to, the speakers not working, the mode selector switch not working and missing the filter adapter ring....do I just keep it as a backup or try and recoup something for it?!

I think you answered your own question — the resale value won't be high, so you keep it as a backup.

-- hide signature --

Follow my street-photo project on Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/couplesoftraversecity/

KneeConWon's gear list:KneeConWon's gear list
Sony a7 II Nikon D7500 Fujifilm X-T100
ISQ1993

KneeConWon wrote:

ISQ1993 wrote:

I think you answered your own question — the resale value won't be high, so you keep it as a backup.

You’re probably right. Feels wrong to have such a good camera sitting on a shelf. Might see if my other half fancies having a go with it. She currently uses Olympus...

-- hide signature --

jshen808
jshen808 Forum Pro • Posts: 15,698

ISQ1993 wrote:

KneeConWon wrote:

ISQ1993 wrote:

You’re probably right. Feels wrong to have such a good camera sitting on a shelf. Might see if my other half fancies having a go with it. She currently uses Olympus...

There's nothing wrong with collecting cameras.

But recommend this.

Use your X100V camera for a period of time.

Then to determine whether the X100V replaces the X100F.

Before deciding to let the X100F go.

Cheers!

-- hide signature --

Cheers, John
(Feel free to download my pictures)
*** No response = ignore list ***
*** Trash-talker won't rule us ***

jshen808's gear list:jshen808's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX70 Nikon Coolpix B700 Panasonic FZ80/FZ82
Nicollino Junior Member • Posts: 47

I had the F since day 1, I have now the V since day 1 (here in Ireland at least) .

reasons why i 'upgraded" are (in order) : sharper edge, update ISO dial, new screen, better lens, USB C

10 months later :

1.to me and only to me I don't see any difference in IQ. I never shoot close up at f2. I use my x100 in street and from few meters away at all apertures (includ F2 if necessary), the F was perfect for that. Don't see any difference with the F.

2.the new screen is more hassle for me even though it's super well integrated.

3. the sharper edge is sexier but the F was already not the one you'd kick out of the bed

4. USB c is more practical

5. weather sealing?!? I used my F in all (Irish!!!) weather with no issue...

6. The F would hardly ever gets warm under the thumb, the V does a lot more quickly....and that's....infuriating

...so if I were you I'd stick to the F.

me? I'm selling it to get an xpro3.

Nicollino's gear list:Nicollino's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads