Xs10 vs x100v

Started 2 months ago | Questions
rla1022 Regular Member • Posts: 375
Xs10 vs x100v

I currently have the xt2 and a 35mm f 2. I really love the combo but really really want the new jpeg settings.  I like to shot SOOC.  I was thinking 100v and sell the xt2 and lens but now that the xs10 I’m thinking I might go with that.  What’s the lens quality of the f2 vs the 35mm on the new x100v? Anything different between the image quality between the 2 ?

rla1022's gear list:rla1022's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Leica X1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Human Elements
Human Elements Contributing Member • Posts: 526
Re: Xs10 vs x100v

You know the X100V has a 23mm lens, right? Quite a bit wider than your 35mm f/2.

I was using the X-T2 before switching to the X100V. If you like shooting mostly SOOC, you should know that the JPEG output of the newer sensors are slightly toned down compared to the X-T2.

Astia is my default on my X100V now. On my X-T2 it was just a bit too rich for most skin complexions and some scenes but it's pretty much perfect now. Velvia is also nice in more situations. Classic Chrome and Pro Neg High were my favorites on the X-T2 but they're a bit muted now and need some editing in Capture One to suit my tastes.

Fortunately, we get Classic Neg to make up for it, which is usable just about all the time.

Human Elements's gear list:Human Elements's gear list
Fujifilm X100V
surfoxy
surfoxy Regular Member • Posts: 489

I don't have the 35 f2 on my X-T2, but I do have the 23 f2. I prefer the 23 f2 on the X100V by a fair bit, it's a bit sharper, and the bokeh is better. It's a wonderful lens.

Interesting thinking about the X-S10 vs the X100V, I wouldn't have thought of those two as a choice. For me the X100V is a very different camera than any interchangeable lens camera, and it changed how I think about my X-T2, making it more a specialized camera for the other focal lengths where the X100V has become my daily go-to. It's also an object of art, a beautiful camera which pleases me to view and hold more than even the other Fuji offerings. But the new JPEG settings and film sims are something I really do miss on the X-T2, more so the film settings. But that's something that can be addressed in post, so it's OK.

-- hide signature --

Chris

surfoxy's gear list:surfoxy's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +2 more
Street_Photography
Street_Photography Senior Member • Posts: 1,701
Or if you are OK just with the film sims....

Or you could just stick with what you have and do the EXIF hack to get Classic Negative on your XT2 RAF files. Its super easy and free with Capture One Express and GUI for EXIF. Of course if you want the other things like clarity then ignore this.

Street_Photography's gear list:Street_Photography's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 II Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR 7artisans 7.5mm F2.8 Fisheye +1 more
OP rla1022 Regular Member • Posts: 375
Re: Or if you are OK just with the film sims....

Street_Photography wrote:

Or you could just stick with what you have and do the EXIF hack to get Classic Negative on your XT2 RAF files. Its super easy and free with Capture One Express and GUI for EXIF. Of course if you want the other things like clarity then ignore this.

I was doing that.  But sold my Mac Book Pro and am only iPad Pro 12.9.  Unfortunately neither truck works on Mac yet.

rla1022's gear list:rla1022's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR
DarnGoodPhotos Forum Pro • Posts: 10,587

rla1022 wrote:

What’s the lens quality of the f2 vs the 35mm on the new x100v? Anything different between the image quality between the 2 ?

FYI, the X100V is 23mm not 35mm like your XF35f2.

The X100V is sharper than the XF23-f2 and at least as sharp as the XF35-f2.

I you will be happy with one focal length (the V also has a digital teleconverter and two add on converter lenses) I would say get the X100V because its a more convenient camera to have with you in more places.

-- hide signature --

www.darngoodphotos.com

DarnGoodPhotos's gear list:DarnGoodPhotos's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads