Sony A7R iii Blue Skies

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
adam10 Regular Member • Posts: 375
Sony A7R iii Blue Skies

I know that the Sony A7R ii is an excellent camera however I understand that it can render very slightly artificial blue skies.

Is it true that the Sony A7R iii colour science is better, in particular how it renders blue skies ie more natural in appearance ?

Sony a7R II Sony a7R III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
poipoipoi_2016 Contributing Member • Posts: 888
Re: Sony A7R iii Blue Skies

adam10 wrote:

I know that the Sony A7R ii is an excellent camera however I understand that it can render very slightly artificial blue skies.

Is it true that the Sony A7R iii colour science is better, in particular how it renders blue skies ie more natural in appearance ?

Noting that this is off the RAWs, but does this work?

poipoipoi_2016's gear list:poipoipoi_2016's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony a7R III Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM +3 more
OP adam10 Regular Member • Posts: 375

poipoipoi_2016 wrote:

adam10 wrote:

Noting that this is off the RAWs, but does this work?

Thank you much.  Yes it most certainly does - How do you find the JPEGS render blue skies ?

papajohnny
papajohnny Forum Member • Posts: 99

adam10 wrote:

What's color science? Are you shooting jpeg only? Both cameras have various profiles with various tints plus your WB setting will have a huge effect also, so you can get anything you want from magenta to cyan.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads