Is EN-EL15C compatible with D750.

Started 5 months ago | Questions
ethanethereal New Member • Posts: 2
Is EN-EL15C compatible with D750.

Is the EN-El15C battery compatible with a D750? I am interested in the 20% higher capacity. Compatible as in can I use the camera without an error popping up?

ANSWER:
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Gary Skirvin Contributing Member • Posts: 638
Yes, according to Nikon . . .
 Gary Skirvin's gear list:Gary Skirvin's gear list
Nikon D850 Samsung Galaxy S9
Craftsman70 Regular Member • Posts: 285
Re: Yes, according to Nikon . . .

Gary Skirvin wrote:

https://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Photography-Accessories/DSLR-Camera-Accessories.page?#!/tag:7WA:Power%20Accessories/product:1618:D780

GS

While the answer should be right, the link you pasted is wrong as the OP was asking about the D750 NOT the D780.

Here's the correct link - https://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nikon-Products/Photography-Accessories/DSLR-Camera-Accessories.page?#!/tag:7WA:Power%20Accessories/product:1543:D750

NOTE> In this set of filtered results, Nikon does not state that the EN-EL15c works with the D750. I believe this is an oversight on the part of Nikon

Craftsman70's gear list:Craftsman70's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7200 Nikon D780 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +9 more
OP ethanethereal New Member • Posts: 2

Yeah, that's why I need real world clarification on this matter. Depending on the source you ask, they will say that the battery is compatible or not compatible. I really need someone with a D750 and the battery to test. I don't want to spend $73 on a battery only for the camera to spit out Err when I insert it.

ethanethereal wrote:

Yeah, that's why I need real world clarification on this matter. Depending on the source you ask, they will say that the battery is compatible or not compatible. I really need someone with a D750 and the battery to test. I don't want to spend $73 on a battery only for the camera to spit out Err when I insert it.

Can't you just bring the D750 into a store and ask to try the battery out?

Nikon D200 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7200 Nikon D780 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +9 more
JohnnyLuddite Senior Member • Posts: 1,463

ethanethereal wrote:

Yeah, that's why I need real world clarification on this matter.

Likewise haven't found anything on Nikon sites.

But, this from Adorama:

https://www.adorama.com/inkenel15c.html

lists the D750 as being compatible, under the specs tab.  Likewise, Carmarthen Cameras in the UK lists the same compatibility.

If you bought from a suitable store that listed that compatibility, then you'd have no problems with returns if it didn't work.

JohnnyLuddite's gear list:JohnnyLuddite's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D750 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +2 more
TomS53 Senior Member • Posts: 1,495
Re: Is EN-EL15C compatible with D750.
 TomS53's gear list:TomS53's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III +8 more
bocajrs
bocajrs Senior Member • Posts: 2,501

Doesn't seem to be compatible per everything I've read...only way to test is to purchase see if it err out and then return if it does.

bocajrs's gear list:bocajrs's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 190 IS Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR +2 more
StephenMcCloud Regular Member • Posts: 275

ethanethereal wrote:

Is the EN-El15C battery compatible with a D750? I am interested in the 20% higher capacity. Compatible as in can I use the camera without an error popping up?

I put an EN-EL15c in a D750. Took lots of pictures. Works great.

StephenMcCloud's gear list:StephenMcCloud's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D7200 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +8 more
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.

On a side note, I recently got a D780 with an EN-EL15b battery made in 2020 according to the serial number.  On the battery, it clearly states 1,900 mAH just like my other 5 EN-EL15 batteries (some back from 2010 and my D7000).

Some background...

This year, I purchased a 3rd party charger from ALIEXPRESS that measures the mAh charged into the battery during charging.  So, like many of us wondering how much capacity I still have in my batteries, I discharged the 5 older batteries that I have by running them dead via the cameras and proceeded to charge them back up to see how much they will take.  Each battery was taken down to the level where the camera would still show something on the LCD display but not enough power to actually power on and display more on the screen.  All of the batteries did fairly well and charged into 1,700 mAh range except for one battery which is rated 3 on the age scale which charged into the 1,600 mAh (all of the others rated 0 on the age scale).  To me, these numbers are reasonable as Lithium batteries shouldn't be discharged down to zero as that will damage the cells and the fact that the batteries still provided some power to the camera to display the exposure count but nothing else shows that there is still some power left in the battery.

So, with the new EN-EL15b battery, I pop'd it into my D780 thinking that there should be some power in the battery which is typical of most new in-the-box batteries but nothing was on the camera's display so no power was being provided by the battery.  I pop'd that battery into the 3rd party charger and nothing happened. Think that the battery is either DOA, just not enough power to even register with the 3rd party charger, or Nikon is forcing the owner's to charge the battery by disengaging the cells unless there's a charge applied to the battery first, I plugged it into the Nikon charger and charged it for 5 seconds - enough so that there's a bit of power in the cells.  Sure enough, when I plugged the EN-EL15b back into the 3rd party charger, the charger started to do its thing.  After a few hours, the battery was fully charged and the charger stated that it charged 2,189 mAH into the battery that is rated for 1,900 mAH while I was expecting a number closer to 1,900 mAH.

Long story short, the latest batch of EN-EL15b batteries might have cells that the same level of capacity as the newer EN-EL15c batteries.

Leswick II Senior Member • Posts: 1,680

ethanethereal wrote:

No idea whether this is low, high or none of the above, but

EN-EL15   1900mAh   14WH  just arrived with D750 (refurb).  The same battery that I used on D610.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads