Does X100V ever go on sale?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Samuraidog Contributing Member • Posts: 752
Does X100V ever go on sale?

Seeing the X100F sale today by Adorama for $750 had me researching these little cameras. I'm really intrigued by this series now. The X100F deal makes it so tempting, but I think I'd rather wait for the X100V to go on sale. I realize I might be waiting a long time. Just wondering if this camera has ever gone on sale (outside of the free bag deal they have going right now).

Samuraidog's gear list:Samuraidog's gear list
Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm X-E2S Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +9 more
Fujifilm X100F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
D_Gunman
D_Gunman Regular Member • Posts: 160
Re: Does X100V ever go on sale?

It's the same with X100F. It's was rarely went on sale until the X100V arrived. So you will need to wait until Fuji releases the next X100 series for the X100V to be on sale. Then you will want the next one to be on sale. Never-ending loop of waiting for things to be on sale.

D_Gunman's gear list:D_Gunman's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm X100S Ricoh GR III Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more
Erik Baumgartner Senior Member • Posts: 3,216

I bought mine months ago for $1250, no tax, free shipping through Greentoe.com. Probably the best way to go with no sales on.

Erik Baumgartner's gear list:Erik Baumgartner's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +2 more
OP Samuraidog Contributing Member • Posts: 752

Erik Baumgartner wrote:

I bought mine months ago for $1250, no tax, free shipping through Greentoe.com. Probably the best way to go with no sales on.

Perfect. Thank you.

Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm X-E2S Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +9 more
doak Regular Member • Posts: 192

If not opposed to used have a saved search on eBay fire you a message every day about X100V recently put up for sale & throw out some low offers.  Got mine for less than $950 all-in.

doak's gear list:doak's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Canon G7 X II Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm X-A7 Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +7 more
Scriv
Scriv Contributing Member • Posts: 899

I haven't seen the V go on sale yet, but there's a couple ways to save a few bucks on one.

I bought mine from Best Buy with a 10% off coupon I found on the internet. That dropped the price to $1260+tax.

Target sells the V via Adorama, you can get 5% off using a Target Red Debit (or credit) card.

Scriv's gear list:Scriv's gear list
Sony RX100 V Fujifilm X100V Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS 7D Mark II Fujifilm X-T30 +12 more
Rumle
Rumle Senior Member • Posts: 1,490

It's on sale here in Copenhagen right now. Some 10-20%

Rumle's gear list:Rumle's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm X70 Nikon D3S Nikon D200 Nikon D700 +21 more
Don Davis
Don Davis Contributing Member • Posts: 762

Samuraidog wrote:

Seeing the X100F sale today by Adorama for $750 had me researching these little cameras. I'm really intrigued by this series now. The X100F deal makes it so tempting, but I think I'd rather wait for the X100V to go on sale. I realize I might be waiting a long time. Just wondering if this camera has ever gone on sale (outside of the free bag deal they have going right now).

Seems like I just saw it on sale in an ad from Abe's of Maine. Not sure about the vendor though. I don't think his name is really Abe, and they are nowhere near Maine...

Don Davis's gear list:Don Davis's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon D700
Don Davis

Don Davis wrote:

Samuraidog wrote:

Seems like I just saw it on sale in an ad from Abe's of Maine. Not sure about the vendor though. I don't think his name is really Abe, and they are nowhere near Maine...

Just looked 'em up. Not recommended...  Sorry.

Wezre Contributing Member • Posts: 778

Don Davis wrote:

Samuraidog wrote:

Do not go anywhere near Abe’s of Maine. They used to be reputable but are now a bait and switch operation. Stay far, far away.

Wezre's gear list:Wezre's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R
OP Samuraidog Contributing Member • Posts: 752

Wezre wrote:

Do not go anywhere near Abe’s of Maine. They used to be reputable but are now a bait and switch operation. Stay far, far away.

Aren't there laws in the U.S. against such practices? How are they getting away with it?

Wezre Contributing Member • Posts: 778

Samuraidog wrote:

Wezre wrote:

Aren't there laws in the U.S. against such practices? How are they getting away with it?

Essentially, they sell you a gray market product with none of the accessories that are supposed to come with it. After you’ve placed your order they make you pay ridiculous prices for those accessories. I have no idea how they get away with it, but it could be how they advertise the products or that regulatory agencies just haven’t received enough complaints to look into them and shut them down.

https://www.cpricewatch.com/blog/2014/05/warning-avoid-abes-of-maine-and-other-bait-switch-retailers/

https://www.bbb.org/us/ny/brooklyn/profile/electronic-equipment-dealers/abes-camera-and-electronics-0121-1050

Wezre's gear list:Wezre's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R
Sutto Contributing Member • Posts: 726

It's on sale in Australia at the moment.  It ends in a few hours at midnight Western Australian time.  Our prices are shockers here 'down under', no matter which way you look at it.  It's normally normally $2088 but till midnight is $313 off at $1,774.  They've had sales on all week for lots of Fuji gear, but alas there is nothing I'm interested in until the new beloved X-H2 arrives (my two beloved X-H1's are still cranking out the pictures).  Don't you let me down Fuji!!

Sutto

philipsuttonphotography.com

Don Davis

Wezre wrote:

Don Davis wrote:

Samuraidog wrote:

Yes, I looked them up after my post. Same story - they used to be OK but the original company declared bankruptcy and the new company bought the name. They have nothing but 1-star reviews, and all of those say they wish they could give zero stars.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads