What's your experience with the P700 top paper feed?

Started 3 months ago | Questions
michael_rogr Junior Member • Posts: 26
What's your experience with the P700 top paper feed?

A few months ago I started a thread where I voiced my disapppointment with the new P700's top paper feed, which was extremely unreliable and forced me to return my P700 (which was one of the first available here in Germany after the initial launch).

Since then I've continued using my very reliable P600, but since that printer is bound to reach its end of life sometime (I hope not too soon!), I'm wondering if any P700 users can give me some feedback on whether the top paper feed (and, incidentially also the single paper feed, where I had encountered more or less the same unreliability as with the top paper feed) works fine for them (and by fine I mean not a single fail to feed the paper to the printer, as I'm used to with my P600).

Many thanks already for any feedback!

Michael

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
allofthemweretaken Junior Member • Posts: 41
Re: What's your experience with the P700 top paper feed?

I've been using the P700 since end of may. The first one made a funny noise when the printhead reached the farther end so it went back to Epson and I got another one.

None of them had any issues when using the top loader (haven't tried any other way). I've only been using a few normal office quality A4 (for some text), Epson Premium Semigloss and Epson Archival Matte in different sizes. No issues. Since I usually just print one sheet at a time I haven't tried with piles of paper in the feeder.

John W McCormick
John W McCormick New Member • Posts: 8
Re: What's your experience with the P700 top paper feed?

I typically load one sheet at a time in the top feed of my P900.  However, recently, I tried to load a stack of 10 Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy 8.5" x 11".  The printer would not grab a sheet out of the stack.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads