Laowa 15mm f/4.5 Shift lens

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
devotedtophotography New Member • Posts: 6
Laowa 15mm f/4.5 Shift lens

I watched the DP Review on the Laowa 15mm shift lens .

Anyone tried that out?

Any thoughts?

John Crowe
John Crowe Contributing Member • Posts: 741
Re: Laowa 15mm f/4.5 Shift lens

There are quite a few threads currently running on this lens over the past month.  Do a quick scroll down in this forum and also check out comparisons to the Canon 17 TS-E in the Canon Lens forum.

John Crowe's gear list:John Crowe's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Irix 11mm F4 +14 more
baybaymac New Member • Posts: 10
Re: Laowa 15mm f/4.5 Shift lens

Hi guys,

I bought one and have tested it with my D850 and GFX 50R. Honestly, I am very satisfied with this lens compared with the price tag. Image quality, it depends on how you compare with. If you really like to compare with Canon 17mm & Nikon 19mm, go with that with a triple price to get the result you may think good. Image sharpness you have to set the lens as F8 or F11 to get the best result.

As a hobby photographer, this lens is great to get a really good result. Using photoshop to make it straight up is different.

By the way, I want to point out using the shift lens is required for some patients. Set your ball head straight right, level it, and shift the lens up or down to make your composition, then re-focus. You will see the difference. I saw many people use it in a wrong way..............

Peter

GFX 50R with Laowa 15mm f/4.5 Shift Lens

Nikon D850 with Laowa 15mm f/4.5 Shift Lens

baybaymac's gear list:baybaymac's gear list
Venus Laowa 15mm F4.5 Zero-D Shift
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads