Just Playing By The River

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
ProDude Senior Member • Posts: 2,128
Just Playing By The River

I went out today as it was a bit chilly, but headed down to the Snake River area nearby and took some quick shots with the R5 and RF24-240.

-- hide signature --

Name the gear and I've probably owned it and used it.

ProDude's gear list:ProDude's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Art Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM +17 more
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
johncal Regular Member • Posts: 422
Re: Just Playing By The River

I can't see that camera and lens combo ever limiting you in any way

johncal's gear list:johncal's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS R Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Tamron 28-300mm F3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD +6 more
OP ProDude Senior Member • Posts: 2,128

johncal wrote:

I'd be lying if I didn't admit I'm seriously thinking of sending it back for a RF70-200 f2.8L IS. But I may decide not to......I'll have to give it some serious thought

-- hide signature --

Canon EOS R5 Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Art Sigma 105mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM +17 more
johncal Regular Member • Posts: 422

I don't know. The 24mm is nice to have and it has a little better reach. I know I'd be happy with it.

johncal's gear list:johncal's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS R Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Tamron 28-300mm F3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD +6 more
davidwien Forum Member • Posts: 82

ProDude wrote:

I went out today as it was a bit chilly, but headed down to the Snake River area nearby and took some quick shots with the R5 and RF24-240.

Thanks, Dude! And there are people here who dismiss the RF 24-240 at the ends of its travel! All I can say is that I love that "quick shot" above. I also find the quality of this lens quite adequate for making good images.

David

davidwien's gear list:davidwien's gear list
Sony RX100 VA Canon EOS RP Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +4 more
martinhb Regular Member • Posts: 493

I've read good reviews about the Canon RF 24-240mm & it would be on my shopping list amongst other RF lenses when I get my Canon mirrorless.

Should you keep it would be great to see some more photos showing its flexibility with  such a wide zoom range.

martinhb's gear list:martinhb's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Leica D Vario-Elmar 14-150mm F3.5-5.6 Asph Mega OIS Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +3 more
1Dx4me Forum Pro • Posts: 10,450

ProDude wrote:

johncal wrote:

I'd be lying if I didn't admit I'm seriously thinking of sending it back for a RF70-200 f2.8L IS. But I may decide not to......I'll have to give it some serious thought

i'd strongly consider a canon 100400 II, it is an amazing tool to have in the bag. it has an amazing MFD and sharpness, let along the bokeh!

-- hide signature --

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!

1Dx4me wrote:

ProDude wrote:

johncal wrote:

i'd strongly consider a canon 100400 II, it is an amazing tool to have in the bag. it has an amazing MFD and sharpness, let along the bokeh!

No worries. I have my RF100-500 coming tomorrow. I KNOW I'll love that. I have a new copy of the RF24-240 coming I'm not about to give up on it just yet. I am convinced based on a ton of online full sized images taken with that lens it IS capable side to side. It's been 15 years since I got a duff lens so hoping that's it.

-- hide signature --

martinhb wrote:

I've read good reviews about the Canon RF 24-240mm & it would be on my shopping list amongst other RF lenses when I get my Canon mirrorless.

Should you keep it would be great to see some more photos showing its flexibility with such a wide zoom range.

I assure you provided the new copy due here Thursday is a good one, I will be sure to get a number of shots that will show what it should be capable of one end to the other. I KNOW it can do it if you get a good copy. Here's hoping the one coming doesn't get thrashed by FedX and isn't decentered.

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads