Pics from today's walk (Pentax KP and 70mm/2.4 Ltd.)

Started 5 months ago | Photos
alex_virt Senior Member • Posts: 2,199
Pics from today's walk (Pentax KP and 70mm/2.4 Ltd.)

The weather is unusually warm for this time of the year in Toronto, and I had a little walk with my new KP and 70mm Limited. Developed in Raw Photo Processor. Full size.

I deliberately let the camera underexpose the last picture to give it a night feel.

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
HD Pentax DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax KP
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
TomWret
TomWret Veteran Member • Posts: 3,983
Re: Pics from today's walk (Pentax KP and 70mm/2.4 Ltd.)

Alex, great lens great photos.

Tom W

-- hide signature --

...a bad picture is like a missed putt, it's never your fault: My new site

https://3-thomas-whitehurst.pixels.com/galleries.html

TomWret's gear list:TomWret's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Pentax smc D-FA 50mm F2.8 Macro +7 more
flektogon
flektogon Veteran Member • Posts: 4,886

Typical pictures from KP and such a lens, i.e. great!

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Peter

OP alex_virt Senior Member • Posts: 2,199

Thanks my friends!

DougOB
DougOB Senior Member • Posts: 2,073

Definitely warmer in the GTA than Ottawa!

My favourites are the first (nice composition, and a bit ironic with the reindeer but no snow) and the last (very nice composition with the shadow).

Doug

DougOB's gear list:DougOB's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax Q-S1 Pentax K-70 Pentax KP +32 more

DougOB wrote:

Yes. I don't remember seeing dandelions in the end of November.

My favourites are the first (nice composition, and a bit ironic with the reindeer but no snow) and the last (very nice composition with the shadow).

Thanks, Doug! These are my favourites too.

One of the KP features I like the most is the electronic level. No more correcting skewed horizons in post!

DougOB
DougOB Senior Member • Posts: 2,073

alex_virt wrote:

DougOB wrote:

One of the KP features I like the most is the electronic level. No more correcting skewed horizons in post!

Enjoy the KP, it is a great camera and is (currently) my go to camera.  I know Peter would agree too

Doug

DougOB's gear list:DougOB's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax Q-S1 Pentax K-70 Pentax KP +32 more

DougOB wrote:

alex_virt wrote:

DougOB wrote:

Enjoy the KP, it is a great camera and is (currently) my go to camera. I know Peter would agree too

Thanks! We've had a long PM discussion with Peter

flektogon

DougOB wrote:

alex_virt wrote:

DougOB wrote:

Enjoy the KP, it is a great camera and is (currently) my go to camera. I know Peter would agree too

Doug

Well, I was pushing Alex towards KP since I've got mine. Before we were both hooked on K-S1. Actually I still use it, even more frequently than my other (KP and K-X) cameras. I use my KP mainly as a "Sunday" camera .

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Peter

flektogon wrote:

DougOB wrote:

alex_virt wrote:

DougOB wrote:

Doug

Well, I was pushing Alex towards KP since I've got mine. Before we were both hooked on K-S1. Actually I still use it, even more frequently than my other (KP and K-X) cameras. I use my KP mainly as a "Sunday" camera .

One of my two KS1s broke recently. It's still usable but the WB button doesn't work. It was the last drop...

flektogon

alex_virt wrote:

flektogon wrote:

DougOB wrote:

alex_virt wrote:

DougOB wrote:

Doug

One of my two KS1s broke recently. It's still usable but the WB button doesn't work. It was the last drop...

If you didn't mention that WB button, I wouldn't even know that it exists .

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Peter

flektogon wrote:

alex_virt wrote:

flektogon wrote:

DougOB wrote:

alex_virt wrote:

DougOB wrote:

Doug

If you didn't mention that WB button, I wouldn't even know that it exists .

It's one of the directional buttons on the back. It's another weak spot of the KS1 (the first one being the aperture block). I got those buttons repaired twice under warranty. Now the camera is 4 y.o. I contacted the authorized repair shop in Toronto, and they gave me an estimate of $200 + tax & shipping. Said the main board needed to be replaced. Not worth it. Those buttons can fail again any day.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads