K1ii k5iis " fa 50.da 20-40 "

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
zakaria
OP zakaria Veteran Member • Posts: 5,617
Re: K1ii k5iis " fa 50.da 20-40 "

Plakanina wrote:

I must say you seem to be at home with that K5 ll great shots.

Thank you .yes indeed.

-- hide signature --

pentaxian .

zakaria's gear list:zakaria's gear list
Pentax K-1 II Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon D780 Fujifilm X-T3 HD Pentax DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +8 more
Uloo
Uloo Senior Member • Posts: 2,907

Gorgeous work!!

Uloo's gear list:Uloo's gear list
Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 II Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM +4 more
Tom52 Contributing Member • Posts: 636

Very nice shots.

Tom52's gear list:Tom52's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 II Fujifilm X-T2 Pentax KP +6 more
zakaria

Uloo wrote:

Gorgeous work!!

Thank you so much.

-- hide signature --

pentaxian .

Pentax K-1 II Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon D780 Fujifilm X-T3 HD Pentax DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +8 more
zakaria

Tom52 wrote:

Very nice shots.

Thank you Tom

-- hide signature --

pentaxian .

tosiva Regular Member • Posts: 204

Conjure wrote:

zakaria wrote:

WOW!!!

This is one of the best portraits I have ever seen! Perfect in every point (composition, camera settings, post processing, ...)

Thanks for sharing!

Anton

Totally agree with this. Something about this portrait is bringing memories of childhood. Rest are excellent too.

-Siva

tosiva's gear list:tosiva's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-x Pentax K-70 Pentax HD DA 560mm F5.6 ED AW +1 more
zakaria

tosiva wrote:

Conjure wrote:

zakaria wrote:

WOW!!!

This is one of the best portraits I have ever seen! Perfect in every point (composition, camera settings, post processing, ...)

Thanks for sharing!

Anton

Totally agree with this. Something about this portrait is bringing memories of childhood. Rest are excellent too.

-Siva

Thank you Siva

-- hide signature --

pentaxian .

AshleyMC Senior Member • Posts: 1,084

Great captures! Thanks for sharing those very natural portraits.

This one is awesome:

Regarding the image below, I would rather stop down to, say, 6.3 (and use a shutter speed slower than 1/1000) in order to have all the children’s faces in focus.

Just a friendly comment.

MrB1 Regular Member • Posts: 397

AshleyMC wrote:

Regarding the image below, I would rather stop down to, say, 6.3 (and use a shutter speed slower than 1/1000) in order to have all the children’s faces in focus.

Just a friendly comment.

At last - an injection of some reality here. A fair and accurate comment, Ashley, presented in a kind and constructive manner, and made with some courage as it challenges the prevailing trend of this thread.

Philip

zakaria

AshleyMC wrote:

Great captures! Thanks for sharing those very natural portraits.

This one is awesome:

Just a friendly comment.

Thank you so much. Agree .I was in a hurry because some small vehicles were coming  at the time of shooting.

-- hide signature --

pentaxian .

zakaria

MrB1 wrote:

AshleyMC wrote:

Just a friendly comment.

At last - an injection of some reality here. A fair and accurate comment, Ashley, presented in a kind and constructive manner, and made with some courage as it challenges the prevailing trend of this thread.

Philip

Yes Philip. It is a valuable commitment. As I mentioned on the OP  it is a snap shot i just wanted to bring a different type of photography of an village in Egypt not the usual " temple or pyramid "

-- hide signature --

pentaxian .

zakaria wrote:

MrB1 wrote:

Philip

Yes Philip. It is a valuable commitment. As I mentioned on the OP it is a snap shot i just wanted to bring a different type of photography of an village in Egypt not the usual " temple or pyramid "

Hello Zakaria. I think you realise that my comments are not directed at you, but rather at the nature of the majority of replies to your thread. It is good of you to remind everyone of your OP, in which you stated that the images are snapshots. As such, they make an interesting album about the village children.

Ashley's example indicates that, as photographs, they could have been improved at the capture stage and, as you have added, sometimes we don't have time to get everything right so the results are less than optimal.

Even so, some of the snaps have potential and, in my view, the last one might be the most powerful of the set after a bit of editing to take it beyond a snapshot: e.g. a change of framing and backgound -

Philip

zakaria

MrB1 wrote:

zakaria wrote:

MrB1 wrote:

Philip

Yes Philip. It is a valuable commitment. As I mentioned on the OP it is a snap shot i just wanted to bring a different type of photography of an village in Egypt not the usual " temple or pyramid "

Hello Zakaria. I think you realise that my comments are not directed at you, but rather at the nature of the majority of replies to your thread. It is good of you to remind everyone of your OP, in which you stated that the images are snapshots. As such, they make an interesting album about the village children.

Ashley's example indicates that, as photographs, they could have been improved at the capture stage and, as you have added, sometimes we don't have time to get everything right so the results are less than optimal.

Even so, some of the snaps have potential and, in my view, the last one might be the most powerful of the set after a bit of editing to take it beyond a snapshot: e.g. a change of framing and backgound -

Philip

Nice framing Philip. You know photographing strangers  not so easy and when you walking with big stuff like fa*200 things tend to be more difficult  but most of the village people knowing me since I was a child so no problem to take some photos in a hurry.

Today I will try my new DFA *50mm and will try to edit photos before publishing.

-- hide signature --

pentaxian .

zakaria wrote:

Today I will try my new DFA *50mm .....

That is an amazing lens, Zakaria - have a great time! 

All the best.

Philip

JeremieB Contributing Member • Posts: 537

Great set, I find these refreshing and spontaneous.

You succeeded in capturing great snapshots, and I personnally like that you didn't heavily overprocessed the images, retaining their spontaneous qualities.

JeremieB's gear list:JeremieB's gear list
Pentax K100D Venus Laowa 25mm F2.8 2.5-5X Macro Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL +5 more
drummercam Senior Member • Posts: 1,802

MrB1 wrote:

AshleyMC wrote:

Just a friendly comment.

Philip

I view this situation as a yellow stop light.  If I'm doing faces, I try to automatically remember to sip down for focus.
-------------------
"Elegance of operation" -- Pentax
"Heavy for its size" -- DPR

drummercam's gear list:drummercam's gear list
Leica Q Ricoh GR Digital III Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-S2 +11 more
Wahid Khan 1961 Forum Member • Posts: 79

Nice. Really like the B&W images. B&W seems to work really well with portraits.

Wahid Khan 1961's gear list:Wahid Khan 1961's gear list
Samsung EX2F Pentax K-5 Samsung NX1 Samsung NX500 Samsung NX1000 +27 more
Jim Beverlin Veteran Member • Posts: 4,853

Excellent images.  Very well done!  Thanks for posting.

-- hide signature --

JRB

zakaria

JeremieB wrote:

Great set, I find these refreshing and spontaneous.

You succeeded in capturing great snapshots, and I personnally like that you didn't heavily overprocessed the images, retaining their spontaneous qualities.

Thank you so much.

-- hide signature --

pentaxian .

zakaria

Wahid Khan 1961 wrote:

Nice. Really like the B&W images. B&W seems to work really well with portraits.

Thank you. Yes it's.

-- hide signature --

pentaxian .

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads