Same image twice ...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
jh2bh Contributing Member • Posts: 747
Same image twice ...

It looks to me as if the same image  (a GBH in the upper left quarter of the frame)  was entered twice in the most recent "A big year - birds 2020" challenge, the one that ends voting in two days from today.

Isn't this a violation of challenge rules?

Shouldn't the host have disqualified one of them before voting started?

Chuck_G Regular Member • Posts: 135
Re: Same image twice ...

jh2bh wrote:

It looks to me as if the same image (a GBH in the upper left quarter of the frame) was entered twice in the most recent "A big year - birds 2020" challenge, the one that ends voting in two days from today.

Isn't this a violation of challenge rules?

Shouldn't the host have disqualified one of them before voting started?

It depends on how you view the images. In my experience, if you view them in slideshow mode, it looks like 2 of the same or similar images are entered by the same submitter. If you look at the small size submissions, often it shows one as withdrawn.

Chuck_G's gear list:Chuck_G's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A300 Sony SLT-A77 Panasonic G85 Sony DT 18-70mm F3.5-5.6 Tamron 18-270mm F3.5-6.3 Di II PZD +2 more
cjf2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,137

Help the host out. Use the complain button, bottom right when you open one or both of the entries.

Plus of course you can vote on one of them and give it half a star as breaking the rules.

embie
embie Senior Member • Posts: 2,355

Clear violation of the rules.

The host clearly states :

• if entering 2 shots they should be different species
  • no photograph should be entered into this challenge series more than once

unquote

Maybe it was not intentionally.  because there are 5 days between the entering of the two pictures, maybe the host forgot that he had already posted one before.

The host has to decide here.

eMBie

-- hide signature --

"Travel is fatal...for prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" (Mark Twain) - "The world...is our home" (eMBie)
You can edit and repost my pictures until you drop but they will still be mine Please respect my copyright

embie's gear list:embie's gear list
Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Olympus TG-5 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G VR +2 more
gidgetto Regular Member • Posts: 134

Hi thanks, for bringing this up, I missed this one.  if you want to flag a photo for pssible violation I suggest the complain button, as a host I will get a notification drawing my attention to it. sometimes people get confused because a they enter a photo and then they can't see their photo or are looking at the wrong challenge and enter it again 1 of the entries will be removed

gidgetto's gear list:gidgetto's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads