Z6 II: Last Night

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
DezM
DezM Forum Pro • Posts: 35,351
Z6 II: Last Night

Taken last night with the Z6 II and Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 S lens. I know the EXIF says Z6 but I hacked the NEF EXIF in order for ACR to read the Raw file.

-- hide signature --
 DezM's gear list:DezM's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 II
Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z6 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
dj_paige
dj_paige Senior Member • Posts: 2,320
Re: Z6 II: Last Night

Forgetting the camera and lens for a second, these are beautiful photos by any measure.

How do you like the Z 6ii so far and how do you like the 24-70/f2.8 lens? These are impressive photos at ISO 125.

-- hide signature --

Paige Miller

thomas2279f
thomas2279f Veteran Member • Posts: 3,510

Excellent photos - I love the Brooklyn bridge and hope post covid-** to visit NYC in person

-- hide signature --

David Thomas

thomas2279f's gear list:thomas2279f's gear list
Nikon D800 Sony a5000 Sony a6400 Nikon Z50 Nikon Z6 II +23 more
DezM
OP DezM Forum Pro • Posts: 35,351
Paige

dj_paige wrote:

Forgetting the camera and lens for a second, these are beautiful photos by any measure.

How do you like the Z 6ii so far and how do you like the 24-70/f2.8 lens? These are impressive photos at ISO 125.

Thank you.

I’ve only had the Z6 II for a couple of weeks. I consider it more snappy than version 1 (that I had for 2 years) and like the additional card slot. The new EyeAF settings in stills and video are a plus.

As for the 24-70 f/2.8 S lens, it’s the best 24-70 I’ve ever owned. Very sharp, VR, lightweight. Just feels well balanced on the body. I got the 70-200 f/2.8 S as well, and juggle between these two lenses and the Z6 II

-- hide signature --
Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 II
DezM
David

thomas2279f wrote:

Excellent photos - I love the Brooklyn bridge and hope post covid-** to visit NYC in person

Thanks and definitely pay New York City a visit. Many photo opportunities here and I’m glad to call my home

-- hide signature --
Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 II
dacrema Senior Member • Posts: 1,056

Great pictures as usual Dez.

dacrema's gear list:dacrema's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E +3 more
Ernie Misner
Ernie Misner Veteran Member • Posts: 7,208

What a lovely set of images and great mix of light Dez!   Love the way you are sharing the beauty.  Do you ever turn long exposure NR on at all?

-- hide signature --

Ernie Misner
http://www.flickr.com/photos/erniemisner/
The first digital image was made in the late '60's for NASA, as a way to record images of Mars. Each "square" was represented by three numbers, corresponding to the red, green, and blue hue on a scale of 0 to 255. This eliminated the need to ship film back to Earth.

Ernie Misner's gear list:Ernie Misner's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +6 more
DezM
Ernie

Ernie Misner wrote:

What a lovely set of images and great mix of light Dez! Love the way you are sharing the beauty. Do you ever turn long exposure NR on at all?

Thank you

I have Long Exposure NR set to ON, but High ISO NR set to off.

At the correct exposure and base ISO, you won't see much noise. At high ISO, I want the camera to get the details.

-- hide signature --
Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads