Worth it to move to DXO/NIK from PSE/Google NIK?

Started 5 months ago | Questions
Flycaster
OP Flycaster Senior Member • Posts: 1,595
Re: Worth it to move to DXO/NIK from PSE/Google NIK?

Digital Nigel wrote:

You don't install NIK 'into' PhotoLab. Just set it up as an export option, as with any external program.

OK, when I tried that, I was able to only pick a specific program within NIK to export to. I thought one should be able to open all of NIK (the NIK palette and not just one of its programs)???

Flycaster's gear list:Flycaster's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD850 IS Olympus Tough TG-2 Panasonic FZ1000
Flycaster

nor70 wrote:

I am using DXO PhotoLab 4 Elite and a non DXO version of NIK

With a previous version of DXO Elite, I reinstalled NIK to get it to establish itself within, since then all updated/new versions of DXO Elite have installed and when opened have contained NIK as part of their presentation, see diag

To gain access I just click on the ‘NIK’ and the option menu is offered - see diag, the chosen NIK option opens with the particular image contained within

Hope that helps

OK, this doesn't work (at least for me) when one has the Essential edition of DxO. I'm in the midst of trying to get DxO to credit me for choosing the wrong edition (actually did it two and maybe three times due to my confusion over some aspects of their promotional website) and to charge me the extra to get the Elite edition.

nor70 Regular Member • Posts: 251

Hi Flycaster, initially having NIK already installed on my computer and then installing DXO Elite, NIK did not show within DXO

I had to reinstall NIK and then on opening DXO it appeared as shown in the diagram in my previous post

Hope that works within whatever version of DXO you have, but if not maybe someone else will/can offer more productive suggestions

Best of luckĀ 

Flycaster

nor70 wrote:

Hi Flycaster, initially having NIK already installed on my computer and then installing DXO Elite, NIK did not show within DXO

I had to reinstall NIK and then on opening DXO it appeared as shown in the diagram in my previous post

Hope that works within whatever version of DXO you have, but if not maybe someone else will/can offer more productive suggestions

Best of luck

Thanks. I reload the Google NIK and see if DxO recognizes it.

nor70 Regular Member • Posts: 251

Great, hope it works for you, let us know how it goes

regards

Flycaster

Will do.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads