Last Gasp for P600?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
GreatWhiteWing Senior Member • Posts: 1,352
Last Gasp for P600?

Long history of clogging but I may have a more serious issue now and really need some knowledgeable guidance.

If printer sits for a day or two I get approx 95% head pattern. Run another nozzle check and almost completely blank 5-10%. No matter what settins prints out worse than a two year old coloring project with broken crayons.

I am thinking maybe a bad pump since it affects all channels and first pattern comes out only partly bad?

I use PC inks and carts

Number 1 was first nozzle check today then 2 then 3 and other image is a Qimage purge print for all colors. Might be hard to see.

GreatWhiteWing's gear list:GreatWhiteWing's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Tamron SP 70-200 F2.8 G2 +2 more
Nikon Coolpix P600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Petruska Veteran Member • Posts: 8,980
Looks like air in your ink feed lines/printhead

You need to run many manual cleaning cycles and even then it may not remove the air. The only way to remove the air properly is to run the WICreset appInk Charge cycle, and again there is no guarantee the air will be removed. The app is free and the Ink Charge will work for free. The P600 is difficult to remove air.

https://www.wic.support/

Bob P.

OP GreatWhiteWing Senior Member • Posts: 1,352
Re: Looks like air in your ink feed lines/printhead

Petruska wrote:

You need to run many manual cleaning cycles and even then it may not remove the air. The only way to remove the air properly is to run the WICreset appInk Charge cycle, and again there is no guarantee the air will be removed. The app is free and the Ink Charge will work for free. The P600 is difficult to remove air.

Bob P.

I have the wic initial charge program already and used it once before (maybe 1.5 years ago) when I got air in one channel. This current behavior is so much different now and I know I didn't run every channel dry. One color was pretty low but still some ink in the cart before refilling a week ago.

I can try recharging the lines but I am concerned tripping the waste cart full issue. Since the printer is useless now I might as well.

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Tamron SP 70-200 F2.8 G2 +2 more
OP GreatWhiteWing Senior Member • Posts: 1,352
Re: Looks like air in your ink feed lines/printhead

Petruska wrote:

Bob P.

Took several attempts to prime but it finally did it and first nozzle check was really bad, estimated 50% clog over all colors with third color (LC) being best and first (yellow) worst but not a huge difference. In fact priming made almost no difference from nozzle check performed just prior to initial purge prime.

I am beginning to think I may have a bad pump or some other hardware issue.

When I tried to purge with after market carts, error message said carts were emtpy, put in original carts that came with printer and same error message. Put back in the same aftermarket carts and it primed/charged but still very poor nozzle chack pattern.

Sure doesn't seem/feel/taste like a clog or air bubble problem to me but open to expreienced advice.

Oh, BTW I have run, just today, several cleaning cycles with never an improvement, sometimes worse.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads