Good deal on G9

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
puttin
puttin Veteran Member • Posts: 7,762
Good deal on G9

Just ordered from Adorama, comes with a card and a $180 Vanguard tripod & head. I'll sell the tripod for $100 which brings the cost down to $898. I've been thinking of getting the G9 for awhile and this convinced me to do it.

puttin's gear list:puttin's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Canon G9 X II Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T100 +28 more
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
RXography
RXography Forum Member • Posts: 88
Re: Good deal on G9

Nice plan. I see the tripod is selling for $179 so you should be able to unload it relatively easy to reduce the cost. I was thinking of doing that with the lens but not enough value in that kit lens.

-- hide signature --

Joe

puttin
OP puttin Veteran Member • Posts: 7,762

RXography wrote:

Nice plan. I see the tripod is selling for $179 so you should be able to unload it relatively easy to reduce the cost. I was thinking of doing that with the lens but not enough value in that kit lens.

I think I can easily get $100 for it. I would keep it but my tripods are better.

Nikon Coolpix A Canon G9 X II Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T100 +28 more
Gnine Senior Member • Posts: 2,506

puttin wrote:

Just ordered from Adorama, comes with a card and a $180 Vanguard tripod & head. I'll sell the tripod for $100 which brings the cost down to $898. I've been thinking of getting the G9 for awhile and this convinced me to do it.

That's a LOT of camera, for not much money. Great deal. The G9 at current deal prices would have to be one of the best bargains in all of photography, not just m4/3. There's still nothing out there, in any format, that tempts me to change, and I've had mine since release day. Well done. You'll love it.

Michel Perez Forum Member • Posts: 88

puttin wrote:

Just got one to pair up with the E-M1iii

Old Timer63
Old Timer63 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,915

puttin wrote:

Well done finding that deal. One thing for sure you will enjoy the G9. I`ve been shooting for 50 years and had most cameras and I have NEVER had so much fun and success as with the G9.

-- hide signature --
 Old Timer63's gear list:Old Timer63's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Fujifilm X-T10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 +19 more
Jeff4500
Jeff4500 Senior Member • Posts: 1,821

I just added a second G9, most amazing hybrid camera for me. At the $1000 price (don't care about the "freebies") it fits my needs perfectly. Heck at 71 these might be my last cameras, and that is just fine with me, no FF desire here:)

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Jeff

Jeff4500's gear list:Jeff4500's gear list
Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +5 more
puttin

Must be good if you got a second one.

Old Timer63

puttin wrote:

I also purchased a second one, if my first one breaks down I couldn`t live without my trusty G9 by my side.

-- hide signature --
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Fujifilm X-T10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 +19 more
Harold66
Harold66 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,370

puttin wrote:

Indeed it is. Last December when prices went down to  between 800 and 900 euros , I got a second body and sold my remaining Olympus em5 II

I also think this is the best ILC digital camera I have ever had 

Harold

-- hide signature --

FOLLOW me on IG @ledaylightstudio.
thedemandingtraveler.org
www.haroldglit.com
IG :thedemandingtraveler

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Ricoh GR Ricoh GR II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +5 more
puttin

Old Timer63 wrote:

puttin wrote:

I also purchased a second one, if my first one breaks down I couldn`t live without my trusty G9 by my side.

I see you also have a X-H1, I also have one. How do you like the G9 compared to the X-H1

Old Timer63

puttin wrote:

Old Timer63 wrote:

puttin wrote:

I see you also have a X-H1, I also have one. How do you like the G9 compared to the X-H1

I find the G9 just so more user friendly, it might be the way I use a camera but everything I use is at my finger tips and to be honest I`m not sure why I shoot raw + j peg anymore because the j pegs are just so good. The X-H1 feels a bit older fashioned to the G9. Don`t get me wrong the fujis are good but I shot the X-H1 against the G9 the other day whilst walking in the countryside in the winter sun and the G9 just seems to deal with extremes of DR better. I love the G9 and my fav lenses are 8-18PL, 12-60PL and Oly 40-150 pro lens.

-- hide signature --
Jeff4500

Somehow I feel the sum is greater than the parts, best camera I have ever used (I do both stills and video, used everything from 5x7 to m43 for stills, and 16mm film to studio video cameras for video; G9 rocks and rolls as far as I am concerned.

@71 the second one for insurance against the collapse in the industry and perhaps "to be the last one"......

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Jeff

Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +5 more
Old Timer63

Jeff4500 wrote:

Somehow I feel the sum is greater than the parts, best camera I have ever used (I do both stills and video, used everything from 5x7 to m43 for stills, and 16mm film to studio video cameras for video; G9 rocks and rolls as far as I am concerned.

@71 the second one for insurance against the collapse in the industry and perhaps "to be the last one"......

That`s just why I purchased a second body

-- hide signature --
tjmckay4 Regular Member • Posts: 268

Here in Australia we also have a good deal, A$1350 on Amazon.

How does the autofocus go in video? Does it pick up the face quickly or does it hunt and pulse?

tjmckay4's gear list:tjmckay4's gear list
Sony a6400 Olympus Zuiko Digital 35mm 1:3.5 Macro Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 30mm F1.4 (E/EF-M mounts) +1 more
Jeff4500

tjmckay4 wrote:

Here in Australia we also have a good deal, A$1350 on Amazon.

How does the autofocus go in video? Does it pick up the face quickly or does it hunt and pulse?

Don't expect video camcorder face focusing but with a good lens is it ok if used with skill. The killer function is using the 6K stills (which are in fact an H265 video with sound (make sure you have NOT used the silent switch on front of the camera) for a 5.5K video which allows you to crop amazingly in down sizing to 4K or 1080P - it has a 10 minute limit which for most work is ok.

You can add V-log if you color grade.

Not a Gh5, but it is the next best thing.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Jeff

Felice62 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,492

puttin wrote:

Congrats.

THe G9 is an amazing camera. you'll love the ergonomics, handling, EVF...

-- hide signature --

If only closed minds came with closed mouths..

Felice62's gear list:Felice62's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus Tough TG-3 Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Olympus E-M5 II Olympus OM-D E-M5 +26 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads