Wood Stork takeoff

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
jack scholl
jack scholl Veteran Member • Posts: 4,406
Wood Stork takeoff
4

Happy Thanksgiving!!

This is another big bird . . .

Takeoff takes a bit . . .

But once up, they can go a long way.

Be safe . . .

Jack

 jack scholl's gear list:jack scholl's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony a6400 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS
edform
edform Veteran Member • Posts: 7,564
Re: Wood Stork takeoff

jack scholl wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving!!

This is another big bird . . .

Takeoff takes a bit . . .

But once up, they can go a long way.

Be safe . . .

Jack

Three comments...

1. Good sequence of images. I'm impressed.

2. That is one ugly mother.

3. The last image shows up the one aspect of the RX10-iv that  isn't too good. Under certain conditions the bokeh is appalling.

-- hide signature --

Ed Form

 edform's gear list:edform's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
D Lynch Veteran Member • Posts: 5,025
Jack
1

Incredible images! Well done sir! You've used your camera well.

Wood stork looks a lot like I imagine flying dinosaurs would have looked!

Dave

-- hide signature --

Canada

 D Lynch's gear list:D Lynch's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828
elliottnewcomb Forum Pro • Posts: 17,513
Re: Wood Stork takeoff

Very nice, thanks for showing them,

Ed said 'ugly', I try not to see anything nature creates as ugly, but this one surely was designed by committee. They spliced a turkey's head in there.

-- hide signature --

Elliott

 elliottnewcomb's gear list:elliottnewcomb's gear list
Sony RX1R Olympus Stylus 1s Sony RX100 VI Sony Xperia XZ +1 more
jack scholl
OP jack scholl Veteran Member • Posts: 4,406
Re: Wood Stork takeoff

edform wrote:

jack scholl wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving!!

This is another big bird . . .

Takeoff takes a bit . . .

But once up, they can go a long way.

Be safe . . .

Jack

Three comments...

1. Good sequence of images. I'm impressed.

2. That is one ugly mother.

3. The last image shows up the one aspect of the RX10-iv that isn't too good. Under certain conditions the bokeh is appalling.

Ed,

Thanks!

The mother does have character . . .

Jack

 jack scholl's gear list:jack scholl's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony a6400 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS
jack scholl
OP jack scholl Veteran Member • Posts: 4,406
Re: Jack

D Lynch wrote:

Incredible images! Well done sir! You've used your camera well.

Wood stork looks a lot like I imagine flying dinosaurs would have looked!

Dave

Dave,

Thanks very much.

Now that you mentioned it, there are similarities.

Have a good one,

Jack

 jack scholl's gear list:jack scholl's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony a6400 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS
jack scholl
OP jack scholl Veteran Member • Posts: 4,406
Re: Wood Stork takeoff

elliottnewcomb wrote:

Very nice, thanks for showing them,

Ed said 'ugly', I try not to see anything nature creates as ugly, but this one surely was designed by committee. They spliced a turkey's head in there.

Thanks for looking Elliott!

Jack

 jack scholl's gear list:jack scholl's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony a6400 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads