What do you think

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Savannah0986 Regular Member • Posts: 221
What do you think

See this on the BBC site : Historic Photographer of the Year

First picture: to me it looks like he's used Nik ColorFX, Midnight, with green colour set.

What do you think?

S.

Tuloom
Tuloom Veteran Member • Posts: 4,028
Re: What do you think

Nice enough scene at the pier but even at that wee wee size it still looks like an over processed mess stripped clean of detail. Ape-handed processing there. It's photography's own pandemic.

Palmyra in Syria is out of focus.

Tillya-Kari Madrassa is crooked.

St. Basil's Cathedral is far far better than the rest. Image quality isn't as important in that shot.

Boy oh boy oh Boy oh boy, the forum ain't gonna like this, but sometimes image quality does matter.... Sorry. Certainly would have made all but St. Basils far better photographs.

I wonder if the upload is just crunched out. Either way, this is not a jolly good show by the BBC.

Phil A Martin
Phil A Martin Veteran Member • Posts: 3,257

Savannah0986 wrote:

See this on the BBC site : Historic Photographer of the Year

First picture: to me it looks like he's used Nik ColorFX, Midnight, with green colour set.

What do you think?

S.

They're all rather cheesy in my honest opinion

David5833 Senior Member • Posts: 1,626

There's no accounting for taste.  FWIW, it appears that most of the judges aren't photographers.  What are the weird black artifacts in the cartoonish Heddal image?

David5833's gear list:David5833's gear list
Canon G9 X II Nikon D810 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Nikon D7500 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF +11 more
EOS GUY
EOS GUY Senior Member • Posts: 3,998

I think it looks like a cartoon, sad day for the BBC IMHO

-- hide signature --

My Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/photonicstreetdreams/
The earth laughs in flowers.
-Ralph Waldo Emmerson
Above all else, peacefulness, love and harmony.
- Noel Shoestring

EOS GUY's gear list:EOS GUY's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Fujifilm X-T2 Canon EF-S 24mm F2.8 STM Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads