Bill

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III Nikon Coolpix P900 +3 more
KBTinto Senior Member • Posts: 2,197
Re: A Done DEal!!!

Bill Borne wrote:

KBTinto wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

I received a check today for $1699.99 for the cam which is exactly what I paid for it in a bundle items.

So I went on Amazon and ordered new one from Beach Camera in NJ where I purchase the original one.

Bundled Items deal for $1598 + tax=$1725.64. Then realized I didn't order warfrany so sent them an email saying Cancel it unless I can get 3 yr accidental warranty. Email me back and they are also giving me 3 yr accidental warranty free!

I am very happy with it all!

I commend Squaretrade Warranty service and Beach Camera

That's great, Bill!

I'll make sure to get me a Squaretrade warranty next time I buy a high priced (to me anyways) camera .

KB

Yeah, I do not know what warranty co they are sending me????

Did you get the squaretrade warranty?

KB

KBTinto's gear list:KBTinto's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S6000 Canon PowerShot S100 Sony RX100 II Sony a6000 Sony a6300 +5 more
Bill Borne
OP Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 44,982

KBTinto wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

KBTinto wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

I received a check today for $1699.99 for the cam which is exactly what I paid for it in a bundle items.

So I went on Amazon and ordered new one from Beach Camera in NJ where I purchase the original one.

Bundled Items deal for $1598 + tax=$1725.64. Then realized I didn't order warfrany so sent them an email saying Cancel it unless I can get 3 yr accidental warranty. Email me back and they are also giving me 3 yr accidental warranty free!

I am very happy with it all!

I commend Squaretrade Warranty service and Beach Camera

That's great, Bill!

I'll make sure to get me a Squaretrade warranty next time I buy a high priced (to me anyways) camera .

KB

Yeah, I do not know what warranty co they are sending me????

Did you get the squaretrade warranty?

KB

Sure did!

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III Nikon Coolpix P900 +3 more
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 48,689

Bill Borne wrote:

That's great considering the camera has been on sale for $1598 for at least 6 months. It seems that when I want a refund they always want to give me what the price is currently or the price I paid whichever is lower.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +7 more
Stephen McDonald
Stephen McDonald Forum Pro • Posts: 14,334
Re: Not a bad bundle with new cam

Bill Borne wrote:

D Lynch wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

Well done Bill! Enjoy!

Dave

Thanks, Dave.....

Bill

You're fortunate, Bill. Ordinarily when you are paid off in full on a warranty, then you no longer have an extended warranty after that. Now. you're getting a new camera and a full drop & dunk warranty, starting off from scratch, at no out-of-pocket cost. I hope the camera really is new and not a refurbished one. It will be interesting to see what the firmware number is.

-- hide signature --
 Stephen McDonald's gear list:Stephen McDonald's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 950 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V +1 more
Bill Borne

tbcass wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

That's great considering the camera has been on sale for $1598 for at least 6 months. It seems that when I want a refund they always want to give me what the price is currently or the price I paid whichever is lower.

I have always gotten what I paid for a refund

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Bill Borne
Re: Not a bad bundle with new cam

Stephen McDonald wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

D Lynch wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

Well done Bill! Enjoy!

Dave

Thanks, Dave.....

Bill

You're fortunate, Bill. Ordinarily when you are paid off in full on a warranty, then you no longer have an extended warranty after that. Now. you're getting a new camera and a full drop & dunk warranty, starting off from scratch, at no out-of-pocket cost. I hope the camera really is new and not a refurbished one. It will be interesting to see what the firmware number is.

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

elliottnewcomb Forum Pro • Posts: 17,537

Congrats, and you really lucked out with a check, complete freedom to buy ...

I suspect they could have sent you yours repaired or a refurb camera as per warranty rules.

You had some trouble with your original bundle from Beach I seem to remember, and your persistence paid off then too.

-- hide signature --

Elliott

elliottnewcomb's gear list:elliottnewcomb's gear list
Sony RX1R Olympus Stylus 1s Sony RX100 VI Sony Xperia XZ +1 more
Bill Borne

elliottnewcomb wrote:

Congrats, and you really lucked out with a check, complete freedom to buy ...

I suspect they could have sent you yours repaired or a refurb camera as per warranty rules.

You had some trouble with your original bundle from Beach I seem to remember, and your persistence paid off then too.

I always get at least what is due me and sometimes more!

-- hide signature --

Bill
So I Choose my Battles
Using Rx10 IV at Present

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads