Just to show how nice DPREVIEW is....

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
twan Senior Member • Posts: 2,701
Just to show how nice DPREVIEW is....

I just noticed, I am a member of this site since June 16, 2003....

twan's gear list:twan's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +1 more
TMG1961
TMG1961 Regular Member • Posts: 202
Re: Just to show how nice DPREVIEW is....

twan wrote:

I am very new here. Joined on Jul 15, 2020

-- hide signature --

Theo
**I have no problem with downloading my original image and editing it**

TMG1961's gear list:TMG1961's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Sony a6400 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS
dmanthree
dmanthree Veteran Member • Posts: 8,869

Just a few months before me. Damn, that's a long time.

-- hide signature --

---enjoys shooting with inferior gear, but tempted by better stuff---

dmanthree's gear list:dmanthree's gear list
Sony Mavica FD-200 Apple iPhone 12 Pro
Barry Twycross Veteran Member • Posts: 3,661

twan wrote:

I'm a member since Oct 14, 2002, but I never used it except for reviews until a couple of years ago. Just about 2 years tomorrow.

Barry Twycross's gear list:Barry Twycross's gear list
Panasonic GX850 Fujifilm GFX 50R Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Leica Nocticron 42.5mm Fujifilm GF 110mm F2 +9 more
Graham Meale
Graham Meale Veteran Member • Posts: 3,253

June 22, 2002. Beat you all. 

-- hide signature --
 Graham Meale's gear list:Graham Meale's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +7 more
Joseph S Wisniewski Forum Pro • Posts: 34,369

Graham Meale wrote:

Impressive. You even beat me by 3 weeks: July 12, 2002.

But I narrowly beat you on the number of posts.

-- hide signature --

Christine Fleischer 1947-2014.
My soulmate. There are no other words.
-----
Rahon Klavanian 1912-2008.
Armenian genocide survivor, amazing cook, scrabble master, and loving grandmother. You will be missed.
----
Ciao! Joseph
www.swissarmyfork.com

Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list:Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon D100 Nikon Z7 +45 more
davidedric Veteran Member • Posts: 6,439

April 14 2002 - can't remember what camera I had

davidedric's gear list:davidedric's gear list
Sony RX100 VII Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic G85 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +3 more
MPrince Senior Member • Posts: 1,831

November 30, 2005.

wklee Veteran Member • Posts: 9,532
Older still

November 17, 2000! I am one of the oldest. It's rare to see anyone older but some are still in DPReview. Darn, I am old. DPR is a nice place.

-- hide signature --

Never buy version 1.0 of anything.
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
Joni Mitchell's Big Yellow Taxi

dave
dave Senior Member • Posts: 1,486
Re: Older still

wklee wrote:

November 17, 2000! I am one of the oldest. It's rare to see anyone older but some are still in DPReview. Darn, I am old. DPR is a nice place.

August 1999. I guess Im one of the oldest members, discovered this site a couple of weeks after it went live. The site has changed dramatically over the 21 years I have been a member , no longer has much to interest me.

dave
I

Michael Firstlight Veteran Member • Posts: 4,083
...and older still - February, 1999

I joined DPR in February 1999 - the same day I bought my first digital camera - a Nikon 950 1.9MP (twist design). That was only a few short months after DPR first launched the website in October, 1998. I changed my user ID twice on DPR - once n 2001 to reduced my actual identity exposure and once more again 2007, so my current profile join date doesn't reflect my original join date but I still have my old 2001 ID that I just tried a few minutes ago - and surprisingly that ID still works! Even back then I was hooked and quickly upgraded to the next rev - a Coolpix N990 34MP twist beauty that I still own and use now and then - the Zeiss lens on that little baby is incredible with tiny 3.34MP JPEG and TIFF files that produces spectacular 8x10 prints easily uprrezed to 18x24". This image, uprezed to 18x24 inches, was published in a national magazine from that camera in the summer of 2001.

Regards,
Mike

-- hide signature --

The one thing everyone can agree on is that film photography has its negatives. It even has its positives and internegatives.

Michael Firstlight's gear list:Michael Firstlight's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +29 more
Michael Firstlight Veteran Member • Posts: 4,083

dave wrote:

wklee wrote:

August 1999. I guess Im one of the oldest members, discovered this site a couple of weeks after it went live. The site has changed dramatically over the 21 years I have been a member , no longer has much to interest me.

dave
I

The website launched in 1998. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Photography_Review)

-- hide signature --

The one thing everyone can agree on is that film photography has its negatives. It even has its positives and internegatives.

Michael Firstlight's gear list:Michael Firstlight's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +29 more
wklee Veteran Member • Posts: 9,532

Michael Firstlight wrote:

dave wrote:

wklee wrote:

dave
I

The website launched in 1998. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Photography_Review)

I vaguely remembering visiting the site 1998 to 1999. I did not join until my purchase of Sony F505V.

DP Review forums started in 1999 and my recollection, which may be wrong, is that forum registration was optional to post back then.

-- hide signature --

Never buy version 1.0 of anything.
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
Joni Mitchell's Big Yellow Taxi

OP twan Senior Member • Posts: 2,701
Re: ...and older still - February, 1999

I think I had a Minolta Dimage A1

I worked at the Fujifilm in Tilburg, The Netherlands those days. An R&D Engineer in their photographic research and development lab showed me the site.

I still remember it.

twan's gear list:twan's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +1 more
Graham Meale
Graham Meale Veteran Member • Posts: 3,253

Joseph S Wisniewski wrote:

Graham Meale wrote:

Yes, you did. At least you've spread them out over eighteen-plus years. Whenever I see the occasional member who's done sixty thousand posts in just a few years, I'm tempted to say "Counselling is available." 

-- hide signature --
 Graham Meale's gear list:Graham Meale's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +7 more
Craig Gillette Forum Pro • Posts: 10,839

Feb 2003. Back with the Fuji S602.  Then KM 7D, etc.

Joseph S Wisniewski Forum Pro • Posts: 34,369

Graham Meale wrote:

Joseph S Wisniewski wrote:

Graham Meale wrote:

Yes, you did. At least you've spread them out over eighteen-plus years. Whenever I see the occasional member who's done sixty thousand posts in just a few years, I'm tempted to say "Counselling is available."

I've been known to use that as a defense. "Dude, it averages out to five posts a day. You do ten times that."

-- hide signature --

Christine Fleischer 1947-2014.
My soulmate. There are no other words.
-----
Rahon Klavanian 1912-2008.
Armenian genocide survivor, amazing cook, scrabble master, and loving grandmother. You will be missed.
----
Ciao! Joseph
www.swissarmyfork.com

Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list:Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon D100 Nikon Z7 +45 more
The Davinator
The Davinator Forum Pro • Posts: 24,499
Re: ...and older still - February, 1999

Michael Firstlight wrote:

I joined DPR in February 1999 - the same day I bought my first digital camera - a Nikon 950 1.9MP (twist design). That was only a few short months after DPR first launched the website in October, 1998. I changed my user ID twice on DPR - once n 2001 to reduced my actual identity exposure and once more again 2007, so my current profile join date doesn't reflect my original join date but I still have my old 2001 ID that I just tried a few minutes ago - and surprisingly that ID still works! Even back then I was hooked and quickly upgraded to the next rev - a Coolpix N990 34MP twist beauty that I still own and use now and then - the Zeiss lens on that little baby is incredible with tiny 3.34MP JPEG and TIFF files that produces spectacular 8x10 prints easily uprrezed to 18x24". This image, uprezed to 18x24 inches, was published in a national magazine from that camera in the summer of 2001.

Regards,
Mike

My first was the Nikon Coolpix 800 for eBay auctions.  Many OK 8x10 from it.  I then moved to the 950.  Been here since Jan 2003.

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon Z7 +16 more
StarPortraits
StarPortraits Regular Member • Posts: 461

I really started using dpr when I got my first dslr back in 2008. I continue to use it and now more than ever. I think the interface is well suited and membership is abundant. A lot of activity. Other sites are just about dead.

StarPortraits's gear list:StarPortraits's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD +1 more
nzmacro
nzmacro Forum Pro • Posts: 17,251
Heck, am I that old

Been awhile. Joined on Oct 17, 2000. Always enjoyed it here.

Danny.

-- hide signature --

I can always justify a need, but I can never justify a want.
------------
https://www.birdsinaction.com/

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads