Old Pier.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
RATTLER Regular Member • Posts: 366
Old Pier.

Was hoping for a better sunrise this morning,still nice to be out.

-- hide signature --

rattler

RATTLER's gear list:RATTLER's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D810 Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Tamron 100-400mm F4.5-6.3
jkjond
jkjond Forum Pro • Posts: 10,046
Re: Old Pier.

I like the 2nd. Your processing with oversaturated colours and burned top and bottom suit the scene. The right corner is tight - the two bolts touching the frame aren't ideal, similarly the intrusion of the dark object below. Cloning out those distraction would tidy it up, though if you have a slightly wider original it would be nice to keep the bolts.

First photo, nothing feels quite right on that one. The false colours and darkened sky feel forced but without any benefit. A black and white conversion, dark posts with pale backdrop would be a safe option.

-- hide signature --

Wedding and fine art photographer https://johnleechstudio.smugmug.com
You are welcome to reprocess and repost my pics on DPR.

mfinley
mfinley Senior Member • Posts: 4,808

RATTLER wrote:

I don;'t think you needed a sunrise. I'd put this one large, framed on a wall. It's a beauty.

-- hide signature --
 mfinley's gear list:mfinley's gear list
Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0
surfoxy
surfoxy Regular Member • Posts: 490

Beautiful images, thanks for sharing.

-- hide signature --

Chris

surfoxy's gear list:surfoxy's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +2 more
Quarkcharmed
Quarkcharmed Contributing Member • Posts: 729

RATTLER wrote:

Good abstract image, but I'd tone the bright white strip in the middle down, and brighten up the part with the pillars. The white foam strip dominates too much, at least it was the first thing I saw and my eye keeps returning to it.

Colour grading is a bit over the top for me, but it's down to the personal taste.

Quarkcharmed's gear list:Quarkcharmed's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM
OP RATTLER Regular Member • Posts: 366

Fair points,thank you.

-- hide signature --

rattler

RATTLER's gear list:RATTLER's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D810 Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Tamron 100-400mm F4.5-6.3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads