Cfe card on Z7 only r16 buffer?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
And-roid
And-roid Contributing Member • Posts: 916
Cfe card on Z7 only r16 buffer?

Is this typical, beginning to wish I'd purchased a qxd card now, this is with 12bit and raw only too!

Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
beatboxa Veteran Member • Posts: 7,495
Re: Cfe card on Z7 only r16 buffer?

And-roid wrote:

Is this typical, beginning to wish I'd purchased a qxd card now, this is with 12bit and raw only too!

The r16 is based only on the camera's internal buffer memory, not the external card.  The speed of the external card simply determines how fast the buffer will clear (how fast the r16 will drop to r0).  In other words, if the card clears as fast as the buffer is written, you will have unlimited buffer.

TomS53 Senior Member • Posts: 1,412
Re: Cfe card on Z7 only r16 buffer?

And-roid wrote:

Your reported R16 is 4 more than the R12 I get with my Delkin XQD 64GB card. I do not have any other brand of card so can not check for that difference. The Delkin 128GB card also shows an R12. The R12s are at 14 bit. Changing to 12 bit I also get R16.  Hence, its the camera's limit and not so much the card.  Stay Safe!

TomS53's gear list:TomS53's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads