Lumix G85 auto-reset issue and unable to shutdown

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Focalc New Member • Posts: 3
Lumix G85 auto-reset issue and unable to shutdown

I bought a Lumix G85 recently, but it has an issue of auto-resetting after a few min/seconds. All settings are reset automatically. It's totally random. I cannot shoot video for a long period as it shuts down without saving it. I'm on firmware 1.5. Please let me know how to resolve the issue. There is no service center in India.

Panasonic G85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
alcelc
alcelc Forum Pro • Posts: 14,647
Re: Lumix G85 auto-reset issue and unable to shutdown

What is the reset you meant? Auto shut down, frozen or what?

You bought it new or used?

How about the battery. Is it a genius Panny BLC12? Had it been charged full before use?

If I am you I shall return it, likely a faulty copy.

-- hide signature --

Albert
** Please feel free to download the original image I posted here and edit it as you like **

alcelc's gear list:alcelc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 +10 more
pannumon Veteran Member • Posts: 3,172
Re: Lumix G85 auto-reset issue and unable to shutdown

Focalc wrote:

I bought a Lumix G85 recently, but it has an issue of auto-resetting after a few min/seconds. All settings are reset automatically. It's totally random. I cannot shoot video for a long period as it shuts down without saving it. I'm on firmware 1.5. Please let me know how to resolve the issue. There is no service center in India.

Sounds like there is something wrong with the camera. You can try if the same happens with no lens (but use the body cap) and no SD card installed. When operating the camera without a lens, select "shoot without a lens" from the menu (but I understand this may be tricky if the camera keeps resetting).

Have you tried resetting the firmware manually as well?

You can also enter the service mode and check if the camera reports any error. This might void the warranty. Use web search to find how to enter and use the service mode and how to properly exit it.

pannumon's gear list:pannumon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads