Where to shop online for Black Friday?

Started 4 months ago | Questions
Sumlameusername
Sumlameusername Junior Member • Posts: 28
Where to shop online for Black Friday?

Hi all you shutterbugs out there,

Black Friday is upon us and was wondering where to look for the bargains I am looking specifically for a Nikon D7100, I have looked locally and not having any luck! (I live in New Zealand) so am casting the net further afield, as always any feedback, tips or advice is much appreciated... Thanks in advance.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
DenverSteve Contributing Member • Posts: 563
Re: Where to shop online for Black Friday?

Watching also.

-- hide signature --

Meter, Compose, Focus, Shoot..... Repeat
Steve

DenverSteve's gear list:DenverSteve's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony RX10 IV Sony a7R II Sony a6500 Sony a7R IV +8 more
e268 Senior Member • Posts: 1,680
 e268's gear list:e268's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +2 more
lost alaskan
lost alaskan Senior Member • Posts: 1,660

I pay no attention to black friday. Ooh, Black Friday, I guess I have to go out and buy something. I have pretty much everything I will ever need. But, if I was smarter and richer I guess I'd have to have a lot more tuff.

Ah, the D7100.  I rented one for the wknd.  It was a great experience.

lost alaskan's gear list:lost alaskan's gear list
Sony a6300 Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS +2 more
Sumlameusername
OP Sumlameusername Junior Member • Posts: 28

Thank you!

Doug J Forum Pro • Posts: 11,083

Check the DPR home page (News) for a list of BF sales.

Cheers,
Doug

MikeInOr
MikeInOr Senior Member • Posts: 1,102

I use Slickdeals.net when I am looking for a good price on something in particular. I just replaced my stolen Sony A77 with a A7RIV from the EDU discount I found on that site. It is my very first NEW ILC, I have always bought used up till now.

If you know what you want specifically checking Slickdeals periodically is a good way to find a deal and also see what kind of deals there have been on the item in the past. A lot of stores just use Slickdeals as free advertising for not so great of deals so it does take a bit of work wading through all the junk posts.

For used equipment I just google "D7100 Used" to see what KEH, B&H and Adorama have in their used sections.  I have always been VERY pleased with all the used camera gear I have aquired from all three of these places.

MikeInOr's gear list:MikeInOr's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony 20mm F2.8 Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 12-24mm F4 +11 more
pcrc11 Contributing Member • Posts: 760

BH started their BF sale last Sunday. I bought a Canon 5DIV I have ben waiting for. Was only $200 off and to be honest I did not see a whole of "great" deals being offered this year. Perhaps due to pandemic production loss there is not a lot of built up inventory they need to move this year.

pcrc11's gear list:pcrc11's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS 90D Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM +5 more
tex Veteran Member • Posts: 8,436
The main thing is to be VERY CAREFUL

Deals aren't what they used to be.  I've seen tons of "deals" in past years and now this one that aren't deals at all. But if you must indulge...

• Comparison shopping is a must
  • Find pricing trends if you can
  • Quite a few deals are on products soon to be discounted anyway as they are at the end of their product cycles
  • Check those specs!  Some deals are for similar but not quite the same products, with worse specs
  • Recently, Yule-tide bargains have been as good or better than black Friday ones
  • Daily deals on Amazon (not as good this year because of the pandemic) and B&H, for instance, and there are many others,  are often better than black Friday deals, and they go on all year long
  • And more. Buyer beware.

Black Friday had its moment, especially in the beginning (although it always had scam-ish qualities), but that day is largely past. And it should be remembered by all that it was always intended both to jump start holiday sales for the largest retailers---at the expense of the smaller ones---by inducing an irrational buying frenzy among the middle class, the working class, and the upper level poor often to their detriment.

Let it die.  Retailers will adapt, be assured.

-- hide signature --

tex_andrews, Andrews Fine Arts LLC, shooting professionally for mid-Atlantic U.S. museums with Pentax and Ricoh equipment, and occasionally Canon for video. Co-founder and webmaster of The LightZone Project, an all-volunteer group providing the free and open source LightZone photo editing software. Moderator at The Pentax Forums dot com
"Photography is the product of complete alienation" Marcel Proust
"I would like to see photography make people despise painting until something else will make photography unbearable." Marcel Duchamp

tex's gear list:tex's gear list
Pentax 645Z Pentax K-1 Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited +30 more
Joe Bagadonuts Forum Member • Posts: 55

lost alaskan wrote:

I pay no attention to black friday. Ooh, Black Friday, I guess I have to go out and buy something. I have pretty much everything I will ever need. But, if I was smarter and richer I guess I'd have to have a lot more tuff.

Ah, the D7100. I rented one for the wknd. It was a great experience.

This was on point and very helpful.

Sumlameusername

Sweet! thanks.

Doug J Forum Pro • Posts: 11,083

Sumlameusername wrote:

Sweet! thanks.

Happy shopping 

Cheers,
Doug

StarPortraits
StarPortraits Regular Member • Posts: 461
Re: The main thing is to be VERY CAREFUL

Last BF I bought off Adorama and by the looks of it they continue this Black Friday to have great deals. Note that it has started 1 or 2 weeks going on now.

StarPortraits's gear list:StarPortraits's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD +1 more
DenverSteve Contributing Member • Posts: 563

So far I haven't seen any Sony "deals" that are any different than the best daily deals available every day.

-- hide signature --

Meter, Compose, Focus, Shoot..... Repeat
Steve

DenverSteve's gear list:DenverSteve's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony RX10 IV Sony a7R II Sony a6500 Sony a7R IV +8 more
EOS GUY
EOS GUY Senior Member • Posts: 4,155

Sumlameusername wrote:

Hi all you shutterbugs out there,

Black Friday is upon us and was wondering where to look for the bargains I am looking specifically for a Nikon D7100, I have looked locally and not having any luck! (I live in New Zealand) so am casting the net further afield, as always any feedback, tips or advice is much appreciated... Thanks in advance.

BF is a con.  But Ebay usually do a 5% or 10% off tech voucher which is not bad.

Or just make an offer to a seller and say 'hey man BF discount?'  they might go for it.

-- hide signature --

My Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/photonicstreetdreams/
The earth laughs in flowers.
-Ralph Waldo Emmerson
Above all else, peacefulness, love and harmony.
- Noel Shoestring

EOS GUY's gear list:EOS GUY's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Canon EF-S 24mm F2.8 STM +6 more
Sumlameusername

Thanks... I'll have a look, KEH are good but the problem is once I convert from N.Z to U.S pay shipping and import tax it's an extra $200 N.Z in most cases.

Sumlameusername
Re: The main thing is to be VERY CAREFUL

I like the way you think... Black Friday is still in it's infancy in N.Z as also cyber Monday and even Halloween.

Sumlameusername

Yeah I'm starting to see this it's not all its cracked up to be in the U.S. Black Friday is fairly new in N.Z.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads