DisplayCal...WOW!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Dweeble Regular Member • Posts: 423
DisplayCal...WOW!

Following on from my recent thread here, i ordered an i1DisplayPro - it looks to be very well made, and the service and support from Colour Confidence in the UK excellent....but oh the software. Crashy doesn't begin to explain it. Downloaded DisplayCal, another open source effort, and it really is quite lovely to use. Slick and intuitive. Obv can't benchmark it to xRite software because that didn't really work

Big thumbs up for it, give it a try!

Dweeble's gear list:Dweeble's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D3S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +2 more
bmoag Senior Member • Posts: 2,744
Re: DisplayCal...WOW!

I have no idea why you have problems with the xRite software.

Having used both DisplayCal and xRite software with the same calibrator as yours the results seem identical: no significant adjustment to the monitor settings required comparing software packages.

So you are not missing anything by not being able to use the xRite software but you might want to contact them as most users find it very reliable.

bmoag's gear list:bmoag's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon D3300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Nikon Z6
Ken60 Senior Member • Posts: 2,479

Not sure where you installed your  i1Profiler software from , but I have been using this for years and only ever had a small issue once because I needed to install an update for my OS.

For me all the problems are with Display Cal , it will not see my X Rite calibrator. I have tried the  USB 2 to 3 issue and most others along the way , including asking it to re load the calibrator and though it lists it , as soon as you ask it to produce a calibration it returns "  i1Pro " not found !

I would suggest you go to the X Rite site and download a new set of drivers , having removed the old stuff first.

-- hide signature --

Gear ... what I need to get the job done , after all you don't see mechanics listing their brand of spanner as a qualification .

OP Dweeble Regular Member • Posts: 423

Trust me I have contacted them and they seem to have no real idea. And the drivers were downloaded direct from XRite fresh as a daisy.

So far I remain seriously unimpressed by them. It all feels rather shoddy, when I tried to download drivers earlier from their UK distributor the link didn't even work.

I like to give praise rather than whinge but it needs to be earned. Especially from what should be a top brand, even for bottom end kit.

Dweeble's gear list:Dweeble's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D3S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads