What happened to 'Cook in his kitchen' Challenge?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
Peter Del Veteran Member • Posts: 6,987
What happened to 'Cook in his kitchen' Challenge?

I was about to enter, but it's disappeared!

Peter Del

Peter Del's gear list:Peter Del's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +5 more
cjf2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,136
Re: What happened to 'Cook in his kitchen' Challenge?

We did not play nicely and so the inevitable happened.
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/64587895

OP Peter Del Veteran Member • Posts: 6,987

Oh well, that's another Challenge I almost won

Peter Del

Peter Del's gear list:Peter Del's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +5 more
David Omara Forum Member • Posts: 68

cjf2 wrote:

Probably more objectively and to put it in the words of RuthC "I think most would agree that he was at times a very difficult person to relate to: acerbic, controversial, impolite, combative....." and even in your own words you noted he "... seem to go rather off the rails more recently." This was 4 years ago and nothing had improved but seemed to have gotten worse with him also deleting comments in his challenges etc.

So rather than anything "we did", I think you will find that DPR removed him for cumulative actions he himself has done over many years.

New Day Rising
New Day Rising Senior Member • Posts: 5,033

cjf2 wrote:

"We" discussed some issues with his behaviours as a host and some of the problematic attitudes he portrayed through his challenge ideas and descriptions, while overall acknowledging his positive efforts as a host.

I will express appreciation where it is due, but I will not just ignore disrespectful, sexist and divisive attitudes when I see them.

If that is "not playing nicely", so be it.

-- hide signature --

"You should take photos of whatever you want. That's punk" - Joe Strummer

New Day Rising's gear list:New Day Rising's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D50 Canon EOS 550D Sony Alpha NEX-6 Fujifilm X-T1 +13 more
LeeBic Regular Member • Posts: 182

Disrespectful and devisive Yes. The sexis needs some caveats. He was from a different sociaty and culture. In China (and most of Asia) the attitude toward gender identity and male felmale relationsips are profoundly different then the white/western cultures.

Also is it possible that his Asian women challenge was a tip of the cap and a way of showing that women of Asia were equal to their western counter parts?

LeeBic's gear list:LeeBic's gear list
Nikon D7500
Autonerd Senior Member • Posts: 1,363

LeeBic wrote:

Disrespectful and devisive Yes. The sexis needs some caveats. He was from a different sociaty and culture. In China (and most of Asia) the attitude toward gender identity and male felmale relationsips are profoundly different then the white/western cultures.

In my country, there was a period of nearly a century when some believe believed it was okay to buy and sell Black people like property. That was the society and the culture. But that did not make slavery okay, nor did it make it something we should have -- or should now -- accept without comment.

Aaron

-- hide signature --
Skylane Contributing Member • Posts: 887

In our country Non-white people are still not equals and comments are the only thing the whites do about it.

-- hide signature --

Charlie

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads